This Jobsfunter Listing is about Zilch in London Area, United Kingdom 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Who we are:
Zilch is an over-the-top (OTT) BNPL product that allows its customers to shop wherever Mastercard is accepted and spread their payment over 6 weeks for zero interest and zero fees whenever they chose to buy from one of Zilch’s 5,000+ retail affiliate partners!
We are the first FCA regulated Buy Now Pay Later in the UK. We have exciting and ambitious growth plans happening over the next 12 – 18 months as we launch in the United States and we want YOU to be an integral part of our growth journey as we hit exponential growth.
We are a people-first culture and are continuously investing in our employees as well as their long-term career development.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Protection Officer (mid-level) to join our Compliance team, with responsibility for data protection and privacy compliance in the UK. Are you a GDPR star? Can you think strategically and take lead on data protection as Zilch continues to grow?
As the Data Protection Officer, you will lead and deliver our data protection principles – building privacy into our culture and making sure that required standards are kept to by all of our colleagues. You will have a crucial role in making sure that the data protection rights of our customers and colleagues are maintained and aligned to regulatory requirements. You will also serve as the primary contact for supervisory authorities and individuals whose data is processed by Zilch. Ideally, you will have excellent organizational, communication, and management skills, and the ability to lead training sessions and workshops within Zilch to increase awareness and promote a culture of data privacy and protection within the company.
The DPO will work closely with the Compliance and Information Security functions to develop and monitor policies and standards applicable to Zilch and in compliance with the UK GDPR.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Implementing measures and a privacy governance framework to manage data use in compliance with the UK GDPR and other data protection laws (including developing templates for data collection, assisting with data mapping, and vendor management reviews)
- Working with key internal stakeholders and the Compliance team in the review of projects and related data to ensure compliance with local data privacy laws, and where necessary, completing and advising on privacy impact assessments
- Serving as the primary point of contact and liaison for the ICO on all data protection related matters under the GDPR
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders on the review of vendor contracts, data processing agreements, and consents needed to implement projects in partnership with the company’s Procurement and Information Security functions
- Maintaining Zilch’s record of processing activities (including international data transfers) and a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, managing claims and notifications to supervisory authorities and data subjects
- Responding to data subject requests in a timely manner
- Managing and conducting ongoing reviews of Zilch’s privacy governance framework
- Monitoring changes to privacy laws and making recommendations when appropriate
- Setting standards and reviewing policies and procedures that meet the requirements under the UK GDPR and any other regional or local data protection requirements applicable to Zilch
- Developing and delivering data protection and security training to various business functions and collaborating with the Information Security function to raise employee awareness of security issues
- Coordinating and conducting data privacy audits
About the Team:
Compliance is a key team at Zilch that ensures our products, services, and processes meet the regulatory and legislative requirements which we then translate into practical policy with an aim towards successful customer outcomes. The Compliance team also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators and financial institution partners.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London Area, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A