This Jobsfunter Listing is about Zapier in United States 2022
About the job
Team Lead – Training (Anywhere)
We’re looking for a Support Training Lead to join the Customer Support team at Zapier, helping lead our Training team. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. As a Team Lead you’ll work on team of 2-5 trainers who provide world-class customer support to our Support group.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You have at least 2 year of experience leading a Training program or Learning and development team, you have vast experience in education programs and leading trainers and/or facilitators.
- You are an empathetic leader, You’ve lead and interacted with many types of support teams and managers alike, connecting with your team and striving for their development and success is part of who you are as a leader.
- You are results-oriented. You hold your team accountable to goals and stay aligned with company-wide priorities, while enabling your team to work autonomously.
- You have excellent communication skills and love feedback. You make sure those who report to you understand how they are doing and what is important at any point in time.
- You’ve scaled learning and development before. You’ve been involved in designing and implementing leading edge customer facing training programs, including internal teams and external contractors.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset , always thinking of opportunities to grow, learn and develop yourself and the department you support.
- You wear many hats. You are constantly leveling up your people management skills. You have the relevant Support skills to build rapport with those you manage.
- You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You Might Do
That Said, Here Are Some Things You’ll Probably Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization.
- Support a team of 2-5 direct reports
- Ensures that day to day management of Trainers and Sr Trainers takes place through regular feedback, 1:1’s, coaching and personal development plans.
- Track new hire performance , provide recommendations to improve performance through meaningful reporting and retrospectives.
- Ensures training processes are aligned to business needs by conducting regular check ins with support group stakeholders, reviewing training processes and taking the necessary steps to align Learning and Education Programs to business objectives.
- Work with the Training & QA Manager to set the strategy for training programs and projects to enhance and improve processes.
- Partner with the rest of the Support Enablements team (Quality and Documentation) to ensure a transparent and feedback-forward ecosystem designed for continuous growth and development of our team and our programs.
- Map the need for training and onboarding programs and initiate these projects
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote – Anywhere
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
- While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A