Website Xcel Energy
The person filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others and possess a positive attitude and commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create satisfaction and to work productively. In this challenging and rewarding position, the successful candidate must have a well-rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeders, transformer loading and fusing practices.
- The ideal candidate is thoroughly familiar with the safety regulations of the Company and must be well acquainted with the hazards involved in distribution service work. This role will perform a variety of lineman duties that involve overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission construction, operations and maintenance activities. Primary responsibilities consist of but are not limited to: installation, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground distribution conductors and equipment. Must be able to climb poles, work on energized conductors and equipment, perform hot stick work on energized high voltage conductors, work in inclement weather, be available for callout work and all other work as outlined in the Journeyman Serviceman position.
- Journeyman Assessment
- To be considered at the Serviceman level, candidate must possess 5 or more years of experience as a Journeyman Lineman
- Must have a Class A CDL (or the ability to obtain one in 120 days)
- Must be capable of performing all aspects of electric distribution overhead, underground, construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Must be available for emergency call-outs as per a schedule.
- Must have effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Position could possibly require travel for extended time periods
- Must be physically fit and able to lift objects up to 90 pounds, pass a physical examination and be able to perform strenuous physical labor under all types of conditions.
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com