Website Xcel Energy
Perform property and sales/use tax reporting, analysis, and accounting, leveraging data analytics and technology resources. Participate in property and sales/use tax planning and research and the implementation of regulatory changes. This position has openings for Analyst I, Analyst II, or Senior Analyst. This will be a hybrid work model.
- Accounting and Forecasting – Complete accounting and forecasting related to property and sales/use taxes in compliance with GAAP, regulatory, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Provide proactive process improvement recommendations and assist in implementing the accepted solutions.
- Property and Sales/Use Tax Compliance – Prepares multistate property and sales/use tax filings timely and accurately per statutory requirements. Reconciles tax bills and GL accounts, prepares tax payments.
- Assist in planning and research projects and all other duties as apparent or as assigned.
- Tax Audits – Assist in administration of audits, leveraging data analysis and technology resources as appropriate.
- Data Analysis and Technology – Monitor the gathering of tax data from source systems to ensure the continued confidence in the completeness of the data used by the reporting process. Gather and process data from external sources to meet the statutory and analytical reporting needs of the property tax reporting system.
- Ability to effectively use Excel spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Completion of a business internship preferred.
- Demonstrated communication, relationship, and analytical skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, management information systems, data science, or related discipline.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Paul, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org