Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Wrtsil in Ouagadougou, Centre, Burkina Faso 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future -proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 74 GW of power plant capacity and more than 80 energy storage systems in 180 countries around the world?
In this fast-changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services – together. Want to join the ride?
What will you be doing:
Your work will focus on these main responsibilities
Primary Job Functions:
- Directly responsible for a variety of field service functions including, but not limited to, commissioning, testing, inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and modifying solar photovoltaic systems. Additionally, this position is responsible for the supervision of contractors to ensure safe, high quality and timely performance of maintenance activities in the field.
- Position requires familiarity with both AC and DC systems, including inverters, switchgear, transformers, power meters, computer monitoring systems, associated sensors, PV modules, and PV arrays.
- Directly involved for a variety of field start-up and commissioning functions on all components of the PV system including but not limited to execution of pre-commissioning protocols, commissioning protocols, acceptance tests, and customer training.
- Monitor the PV plant and coordinating with the thermal operators
- Writing monthly report on the scope of work during days throughout the monthly as well spare parts consumption
- Supervise how the PV is operating and report any unforeseen situation
- Coordinating with the thermal operations and informing the thermal about any preventive or corrective maintenance ahead of time
- Identify and resolve any deficiencies in photovoltaic (PV) system installation or materials.
- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Support the thermal operators with operational requirements by utilizing the SOP
- The Power Plant Field Technician II must keep current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products correctly and efficiently.
- Supervise the cleaners with assigned jobs and educate/train them on safety related responsibilities
- Supervise and instruct the technician to perform all daily checks on the PV plan to Work independently while using CMMS program completing corrective and preventative maintenance while maintaining schedule compliance and documenting daily activities. Such as but not limited to OEM recommended service, facility clean-up, equipment checks and repairs.
- Perform required safety orientations and Job Briefs for all Visitors and Contractor prior to allowing access to facility.
- Communicate with and instruct others such as cleaners.
- Develop a working knowledge of site environmental requirements and be proactive in compliance to regulations and preventing and/or responding to events.
- Stay current in required safety and environmental training and adhere to all safety, environmental and work rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
You will shine in this role when you have
- Previous working experience in Solar PV
- Ability to work independently in a remote location under harsh weather conditions?
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Good hands-on knowledge and ability to grasp concepts easily
- Excellent QHSE Knowledge
- Good team leading abilities
- Ability to oversee contractors/cleaners in the field and ensure safety, quality, and schedule adherence.
- Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, and conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to work comfortably in potentially remote field conditions and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work in difficult customer situations.
- Available for 24-hour on-call duty to meet customer requirements.
- Experience using a CMMS system for maintenance tracking (Maximo Preferred).
- Experience using electronic control systems preferred.
- Experience reading Electrical schematics and prints.
- Proven computer skills in a Windows environment (Microsoft Office Products).
- Highly experienced in using and understanding testing and diagnostic equipment (multi-meter, oscilloscope, etc.).
- Must have a strong Safety background with experience in Lockout Tag out and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
How To Apply
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application through our career’s portal. Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Any questions related to this position. Please reach out our Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist – MESAA, [email protected]
Last application date: 23/12/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect, and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency, and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’ s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ouagadougou, Centre, Burkina Faso
Application Deadline: N/A