Website World Vision
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under World Vision in BengaluruSouth,Karnataka,India 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Humanitarian People &Culture (HR) Director’s core role (40%) is deployment to humanitarian emergencies to lead the response’s People & Culture (P&C) function including but not limited to P&C Team establishment/management, workforce planning, recruitment, employment, job evaluation, compensation/benefits, policy interpretation, capacity building, performance management, staff wellbeing and building relationships with other stakeholders. The Humanitarian P&C Director serves on the Senior Leadership Team in responses and is a strategic partner in the Response Leadership and all response functions.
Outside of responses, this position will lead or be responsible for the following:
- Field Emergency P&C Management capacity building in collaboration with regional P&C and Global Centre Preparedness Team.
- Mentor and advise field P&C Managers, particularly in responses and fragile contexts, on emergency P&C practice and policy.
- Global Rapid Response Team Staff Care and Well- being including the management of external service provider contracts.
- Deployable Staff Personal Resilience /Well-being training.
- Maintain and improve WVI Emergency P&C Policies, guidance and tools to ensure effective Emergency P&C management.
40%: Deploy and lead the P&C (HR) strategic function in humanitarian emergencies to achieve the following:
- Establish, resource and staff the P&C response function including set up, training and mentoring of key staff in area of P&C management relevant to emergency context.
People &Culture is a strategic partner to the Response Director and Senior Leadership Team
- Response for the development of effective Response organizational structure, in collaboration with Senior Leadership Team
- Lead Response Workforce planning and development of staffing plans and budgets, in collaboration with SLT members.
- Lead on ensuring P&C (HR) risk management issues are identified and organisational protocols are implemented to address them.
- Advises on P&C staff management including organizational policies and labour law and practice requirements.
Lead the establishment and delivery of P&C (HR)Services, Systems and policies
- Lead all P&C related services including set up of recruitment and selection guidelines, performance management, corrective action, employee benefits, etc.
- Ensure that P&C administrative systems adhering to audit requirements are filed to comply with confidentiality standards
- Create/update appropriate WVI and NO policies, procedures, systems and structures to enhance delivery of P&C services/support relevant to the emergency.
Ensure the Response Compensation and Benefits (Total Rewards) are appropriate to context and aligned with WV’s Total Reward ethos and guidelines
- Ensure a WV compensation/benefit structure within the parameters of cultural and national limitation to individual needs
- Assure job grading system (HAY) is followed
Ensure the Response is adequately staffed through effective and timely use of National Office, regional and global surge capacity and selection, recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Develop deploymentecruitment plan in relation to Response strategy that is transparent, and procedures that are consistent with National Office People &Culture and hiring standards.
- Lead engagement with Regional and Global Surge mechanisms to access competent staff or consultants to fulfil response staffing needs.
- Lead engagement with Talent Acquisition Team so they are familiar with the international staffing plan, position profiles and relevant contextual information.
- Ensure deployed and hired staff are equipped for their roles through an effective response orientation process and resources that meets both internal and humanitarian international standards,
Facilitate Response Staff Care and Well-being planning, provision of services and supporting policies to ensure World Vision’s duty of care.
- Develop Response Staff Care Plan and budget according to context
- Review and/or develop staff well-being policies that ensure effective leave administration and work balance for context and stage of response. Update as context shifts.
- Collaborate with Global Staff Care Unit and Regional Staff Care focal point to activate peer support and other systems when required.
- Lead/support implementation of Staff Care inventions in response to critical incidents in collaboration with WV Global Staff Care Team.
Facilitate Response Capacity Building planning and Talent Management
- Lead the development of Response Capacity Building Plan in collaboration with sector and functional directors, to address key capabilities gaps and ensure that WV can meet its commitment to Core Humanitarian Standard 8.
- Collaborate with Response leadership and functional leads to identify emerging humanitarian talent and share with the DM LD and TM Director.
Ensure that WV is represented at key peer and inter-agency response P&C forums.
- Develop effective networks with P&C colleagues in peer agencies (i.e. UN/INGOs) and represent WV at relevant cluster meetings and governmental branches related to the Emergency Response.
30%: Lead Emergency P&C capabilities and capacity building with a focus on very high (fragile) and high disaster risk offices and creating a pool of deployable P&C Managers.
- Lead P&C in Emergencies learning programmes for regions as requested.
- Mentor, provide strategic advice and remote support to field P&C leads in responses and fragile contexts.
- Provide strategic advice on P&C preparedness to prioritised FOs.
- Mentor P&C staff on RDMTs.
- Build a small roster of deployable P&C managers.
20%: Oversee staff well-being preparedness for deployable staff and ensure staff care check-ins for deployed staff.
- Provide training to RDMT and selected NDMT members on personal resilience and maintaining well-being during deployments
- Promote up-to-date online personal and well-being training and staff care services to staff on the Global Emergency Roster.
- Conduct staff care check-ins for staff deployed through the Global Humanitarian Surge (GRRT and non GRRT)
- Lead Staff Care support to the GRRT including promotion of good well-being practices, periodic training and management of Konterra Services.
5%: Ensure World Vision’s Humanitarian P&C approaches policies and practices reflect innovation developments and best practices within the sector.
- Represent WV in the HHR network (part of the CHS Alliance) and share learnings with the WV P&C community.
- Maintain and continuously improve the Humanitarian HR Toolkit to align with organisational policy, international standards (i.e. CHS) and best practices and tools within the humanitarian sector.
5%: Serve as a key member of the Humanitarian Operations Team
- Active engagement and participation in all team meetings and calls (in person and virtual)
- Lead or participate in team working groups or initiatives.
Knowledge And Qualifications
Required Professional Experience
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a Human Resources Management role with at least 3 in an international setting.
- A minimum of 3 years of Emergency Response People &Culture (HR) Management experience.
- Strong experience in staff/workforce planning, recruitment, onboarding, tracking and performance management.
- Experience applying P&C related organizational safeguarding policies and measures in response contexts.
- Experience in field Critical Incident Management from a P&C/HR perspective. Strong experience in developing response specific staff care plans appropriate to the local and emergency context.
- Experience leading staff care interventions in emergency settings.
- Experience training and mentoring staff in Emergency P&C Management.
- Experience in developing P&C Policy for emergency contexts Intensive experience in leading a multi-cultural team of professionals
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment Experience working in war zones / fragile contexts
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources of relevant field. Masters degree preferred.
- Knowledge of and trained in phycological first aid (PFA) and peer support. Knowledge of safeguarding principles and PSEA.
- Demonstrated understanding of key humanitarian principles, standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with humanitarian codes, minimum standards, principles and practice.
- English language proficiency required and Intermediate French language skills; or a second language such as Spanish, Arabic is highly preferred
Preferred Knowledge And Qualifications
- Understand Humanitarian Industry and have proven experience within a relief/ Disaster Management setting
- Ability to analyse data and context and think strategically in design of response workforce plans, organizational structures and recruitment.
- Effective in written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior stakeholders to influence P&C policy and practice.
- Additional language skills in Spanish, Arabic or other languages preferred
- Experience in coordination with INGO’s and other key stakeholders-High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization.
- Demonstrates openness and transparency
- Experience in leading “ad-hoc” teams accommodating multiple and frequent staff transitions in emergency response without undermining effectiveness and output of Team
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel and deploy domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time, often at short notice.
- Ability to work in harsh environments with limited access to health facilities and care.
Applicant Types Accepted
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
Company: World Vision
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: BengaluruSouth,Karnataka,India
Application Deadline: N/A