Website World Market
This Jobsfunter Listing is about World Market in Alameda County, CA 2022
About the job
Who We Are
For over 60 years we have shared stories from across the globe that remind you of a time you cherish, a place you love and people who make you feel at home. We have inspired the home decorator, entertainer and gifter with our unique assortment of products sourced and designed around the world and we continue to be inspired by you. You, your authenticity, impact and distinction drive our success and inspires us to be inclusive, collaborative, open minded, adaptable, honest and respectful.
What You’ll Do
The Sr. Analyst, Business Analytics will play a key role in developing and democratically deploying actionable and insightful data to business partners throughout the company. The role requires developing strong relationships with all areas of the business, understanding their business needs and developing the analyses, tools and solutions to help the business succeed through data driven decision-making and nurturing a data driven culture in the process.
- Partner with Finance, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Supply Chain, Distribution and Transportation, Store Ops, Ecommerce and Marketing to understand key business drivers, pain points and success factors, then architect / develop data driven solutions to meet these needs.
- Assist in developing new data driven, statistical, ML and visual solutions for the business as we move from a SQL based environment to a cloud-based solution, leveraging best in class technologies and analytical tools.
- Assist in continued rollout of Tableau in the organization taking on roles as developer, trainer, and evangelist.
- Develop forecasts and predictive models to improve in-stocks, management of resources in the distribution centers and stores, and supply chain costs.
- Assist in development of direct to customer shipping income and expense models to drive profitability in the channel.
- Perform deep-dive analyses as needed to provide nuanced insights into business trends, customer shopping habits, and opportunities to drive omni-channel engagement.
- Support Business Analytics with additional projects as required on an ongoing basis.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Retail industry with background in data, statistical and/or financial analysis and modeling; experience with Python, R and/or ML is a plus.
- Ability to interface and work collaboratively with a diverse cross-section of functional areas at all levels of management.
- Ability to drive results and influence business partners while maintaining strong working relationships and delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to think “outside the box” and to find creative solutions to problems. Ability to find patterns and trends in data and translate findings into actionable information.
- Excellent systems skills (SQL, Big Query) and strong comfort with large data sets.
- Business Analytics/Intelligence experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Why We Love It
- Work life balance is a priority (work from home flexibility).
- Up to 30% employee discount and product sample sales!
- A fun and supportive work environment where you feel welcome and safe.
- A culture of inclusion that empowers you to be your best authentic self.
- Opportunities to make an impact through your passions.
- Wellness Program including virtual fitness classes, personal health advocates, coaches, gym discounts and more.
- Accrued Vacation, Sick Time and Personal Holidays.
- Eligible employees offered Medical and Dental Insurance, Vision Coverage, 401(k) Savings Plan, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance and more.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: [email protected]
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Cost Plus, Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Company: World Market
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Alameda County, CA
Application Deadline: N/A