This Jobsfunter Listing is about Withersworldwide in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
What are we looking for?
The Development Manager will be responsible for leading a small team of Analyst Developers whilst working closely with the Global Head of Business Systems. You will manage the gathering and analysis of requirements, designing, developing and testing robust IT systems to support the firm’s rapid expansion and need for enhanced information to support business operations.
This role would suit a developer who is a clear and confident communicator who’s looking for the opportunity to build and enhance applications as well as managing a team. Ideally you will be a graduate with solid programming experience in a professional environment, ideally in a law firm. Experience of working in a team split across multiple global locations would also be useful.
The role sits within the Business systems team so you will be developing, enhancing and supporting our business applications alongside our team of finance and systems analysts. Report design / information visualisation will also be important. Hands-on design, UI, development and SQL skills will be required alongside the management of the full development lifecycle.
As a technical expert, the Development Manager will assess the overall requirements, determine different options for how it might be engineered (including any pros and cons for each option), indicate data flows, specify interfaces, and highlight dependencies on external systems. They will prepare functional design specifications, prototypes for evaluation and manage stakeholder expectations surrounding delivery and testing. Their designs will be challenged and they will be expected to iterate based on feedback. There is also a strong element of troubleshooting involved in the role.
The Development Manager will ideally have familiarity with legal business processes and the sort of IT systems that support them, such as Elite 3E/Elite Enterprise for practice management, Interaction for client relationship management information, and knowledge of the IntApp product suite would be an advantage.
Areas Of Focus And Responsibilities
- Senior Development resource globally
- Key technical resource for Systems and transformation projects such as our recent global implementation of Elite 3E (go-live February ’22)
- Deliver IT applications to meet business needs
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure that applications are delivered in the timescales expected
- Help to deploy applications to the firm by following the firm’s deployment strategy
- Prepare technical documentation as required
- Provide some support to live systems
- Work with and help direct external consultants / suppliers if required
- Key development and technical resource on a large portfolio of projects including NBI improvements (in IntApp) and 3E roadmap development post go-live
- Software applications to mobile and desktop users on a Microsoft Windows platform
- Technical analysis and supporting documentation
- Solution outline and detailed specifications
- System functional design, non-functional requirements, and interface specifications
- Documentation for deployment configuration, handover and operational support
- Test data design and key test scenarios
- Prototypes and evaluation systems (quick return on investment / minimum viable product)
Technical Skills Required
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages
- Experience in SQL including writing efficient queries, stored procedures and ETL etc
- Good knowledge C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net.
- Any data integration (middleware) experience (such as IntApp Integrate/Integration Builder) an advantage
- Report design / SSRS & Power BI experience.
- Good knowledge of XML.
- IntApp Open / Flow or other business process management system
- Experience using web services and APIs built on REST and using JSON
Interpersonal Skills Required
- Strong management experience with a willingness to mentor colleagues
- Highly self-motivated and keen to learn new skills (enthusiastic and willing)
- Proactive, energetic and enthusiastic with high professional standards
- Smart and professional manner
- Ability to plan out and work on a number of tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks to plan
- Able to work under pressure, calm and not easily ruffled
- Good communicator with high levels of interpersonal skills –
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and pragmatic
- Motivated to complete tasks accurately and on (or ahead of) time
- Team player, with flexible attitude and collaborative approach to work and work colleagues
- 930am to 530pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia’s Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A