This Jobsfunter Listing is about Windstream in Greenup, KY
About the job
“Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.”
About The Role
Windstream’s Manager of Local Operations manages vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. The Manager of Local Operations and his/her team care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. His/Her team of experts create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
What You’ll Do
- Manage technicians in the areas including but not limited to residential and business installation and repair, central office/network, cable; reviews job done by each technician on a quarterly basis to check for quality of work; ensures technicians are following the correct procedures; initiates disciplinary actions as required; maintains personnel records in preparation for appraisals that are completed once a year.
- Manages functions involving installation and repair and central office maintenance: Analyzes trouble patterns and repeat reports to reduce the number of troubles and repeat reports; monitors central office routines. Monitors progress of central office (CO) and Outside Plant (OSP) jobs and inspects after completion; monitors facility change orders (FCOs); schedules and coordinates job cut-over; handles after hours problems and calls for their supervisory area; covers for other supervisory areas as needed.
- Utilizes all aspects of ETA: Monitors tasks and works with planner to make needed adjustments; prepares monthly work schedule; monitors employee status and performance reports.
- Provides and records safety training and hazard communications ensuring everyone follows safety rules and procedures on a daily basis; maintains OSHA records; investigates and completes accident reports.
- Maintains proper files and documentation for DOT drivers including monthly summary and daily inspections.
- Monitors controllable expenses: controls inventory levels in the office and on the technician’s vehicles.
- Monitors, inspects and maintains building, grounds, and vehicles
- Prepares budget inputs for needed tools and test sets and identifies plant needing replacement or relief.
- Works with city official, county officials, and local customers to maintain a positive image of Windstream.
Do You Have?
- Ability to motivate employees in the areas of sales, increased revenue and productivity.
- Ability to manage people (HR knowledge)
- Customer service mentality
- Knowledge of telephone operations
- PC skills
- Positive attitude
- Candid, vocal and honest communication skills
- Ability to shift gears at a rapid pace
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
- Relationship building mentality
- College Degree + 5-7 years professional level experience +2-3 years supervisory experience
- 9+ years related technical and/or telephone experience
- OR an equivalent combination of education and technical level related experience required
- Previous experience as a technician
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice, and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000 miles.
Qualifications – External
Minimum Requirements:College degree and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or 9+ years related technical and/or telephony experience; or an equivalent combination of education and technical level related experience required.
Minimum Requirements:College degree and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or 9+ years related technical and/or telephony experience; or an equivalent combination of education and technical level related experience required. This is a safety sensitive position.
Greenup KY 304 Laurel St
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Greenup, KY
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com