This Jobsfunter Listing is about Wincanton in Greenford, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
32 hours – Customer Delivery Drivers – Waitrose Customer Fulfillment Centre (CFC) – Part Time
Hours: 32 hours per week
Working Pattern: 4 days – Wednesday – Saturday, Friday – Monday, Saturday – Tuesday
Shift: AM shift stating time between 5am-7.30am or PM shift starting time between 1pm-3pm
Hourly rate: £11 per hour ( moving to £11.25 after 6 months, with excellent performance you can earn up to £12 an hour )
About The Role
We are now recruiting a high volume of Customer Delivery Drivers to support our New Customer Fulfilment Centre for Waitrose, Greenford. The site is now open.
The site is a 24 hours a day, 7 day a week warehouse and transport operation.
Within This Role, You Will
- Be spending your day greeting our customers and delivering their shopping on-time with lots of Waitrose personality.
- Operate your vehicle in a safe, legal and economical manner always.
- Carry out daily vehicle checks accurately and follow correct defect procedures.
- From loading up, fueling and checking the van for the next route, or giving a customer a call so they know what time their shopping will arrive, everything we do is with our customers in mind
- To deal with any queries or complaints in a courteous and efficient manner
- Work towards deliveries in line with key performance indicators (KPI’s)
The role is hands on, will involve heavy lifting/ handling and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same – customers look for help in all kinds of different ways.
While previous experience is a bonus (although not essential) for Customer Delivery Drivers, we’re more interested in your customer service background , enthusiasm, friendly personality, and that you care about making a difference for Waitrose’s customers and colleagues.
Additionally, We’re Looking For People Who
- Are over 18 years old, have had a full UK driving license (manual) with no more than 6 penalty points
- Enjoy helping others and working in a team
- Results orientated and can work to schedules
- Understands the basics and importance of Health and Safety procedures
- Able to lift and handle goods
- Have excellent communication skills
- Can take the initiative and use common sense
- Has a good degree of literacy and numeracy
- Can stay calm under pressure
- Are safe and courteous driver who can deliver our outstanding service right to our customers’ doors, then we want to hear from you!
What do we offer?
25 after 6 months, with excellent performance you can earn up to £12 an hour) you’ll get lots of other great benefits too
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment. Alongside a competitive hourly rate of £11.00, (moving to £11.
- Access to onsite discounted Waitrose shop
- Modern fleet
- Pension scheme
- Share incentive plan
- Cycle to work
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holiday
- Uniform provided
- Training and development from the best in the business to get you up to speed and feeling confident in the role
Candidates must be available to attend 1 week of paid in-house training.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, job offers are subject to a Criminal Record Check and will include a license check, which will be carried out by an external third party. We ask that you have the right to work in the UK and be able to provide these documents at interview.
We are sorry but if you have been disqualified from driving within the last 10 years, we will not be able to accept your application.
So, if you think you have what it takes and want to be part of a supportive and friendly team, we can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading supply chain partner for British business, providing supply chain solutions up and down the country. Through a wealth of experience and knowledge Wincanton provides business critical services including storage, handling and distribution; high volume eFulfilment; retailer ‘dark stores’; two-person home delivery; fleet and transport management; and network optimisation for many of the UK’s best-known companies.
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Greenford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A