This Jobsfunter Listing is about Wincanton in Wigan, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
The role, reporting to the Transport Operations Manager, working within a multiuser transport site will involve leading the team by giving motivation and direction, monitoring performance and assisting in ensuring that the department operates efficiently, effectively and within company guidelines providing a quality service to the customer and stores.
Working on a predominantly Monday to Friday shift pattern. At times, you may need to be flexible to the needs of the operation within the depot operating hours of 04:00 to 22:00.
How you will contribute?
- Managing a team and the operation within the daily area of responsibility.
- Ability to make quick decisions with an ever-changing dynamic plan.
- Attend site meetings
- Brief and De-Brief divers at start and end of their shifts.
- Monitoring performance to ensure the depot achieves high performance levels and the efficient and effective provision of a quality service to stores and the customer.
- To ensure that the transport operation achieves the targeted daily and weekly KPIs.
- To work as part of a flexible team to ensure high levels of service are achieved to ensure all new starters within the department are aware of their overall responsibilities with regards to the environment and health and safety.
- You will challenge poor and promote good health and safety and environmental practices leading by example encouraging colleague’s performance in any given role and process.
- To play a key role in the continual improvement of process/ methods of the sites operating procedures
- You will use as part of your duty any systems, equipment and methods including computer related software as may be introduced to further the performance of your duty. Accept new systems, methods and technology together with associated training.
- To provide the store network with a first-class service, ensuring the department operates within the legal constraints of the site operator’s licence.
- To carry out investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings as required
- Managing the absence levels within the transport team by conducting return to work interviews and absence meetings.
What you will bring?
- Experienced Transport Team Manager with a proven track record operating a medium to large, dedicated fleet
- A proven track record of managing a ‘compliant to plan’ environment that adhered closely to defined operational procedures
- Sound planning and people management skills
- Good Geographical knowledge
- A good understanding of drivers’ hours and WTD
- A proactive, positive approach to problem solving, the ability to create options and solutions and evaluate opportunities and risks
- Experience of disciplinary / grievance procedures
- Capability to understand and use IT and systems to deliver transport and distribution objectives
- Awareness of the financial performance of both the RDC and business unit
- A clear ability to operate in an occasionally tough employee relations environment and can establish constructive working relationships
- Ability to motivate and develops staff through controlled delegation, coaching individuals to ensure they achieve the team and personal goals.
- Motivates and develops others through controlled delegation
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Wigan, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A