As a Data Developer, you must possess a strong passion for analytics, demonstrate high accountability, and set high standards with a focus on quality business solutions. You will focus working with a team to produce action-oriented insights that directly build and deliver solutions to business objectives and outcomes using cloud-based services.
- Test developed components including ensuring conformance to security requirements.
- Acts as a liaison with business requestors; capture and document business, data, and BI requirements; turns the requirements into technical specifications.
- Provide support to other team members and business power users.
- The primary focus of this position is to provide development, best practices and support expertise for the existing WestJet’s Data and Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytics operations; including data warehousing, transformations, dashboards, scorecards, and other BI solution components that exist within the organization.
- Configure BI tools on both back-end and front-end; develop the semantic and metadata layers.
- Responsible for the code/scripts that extract, transform, clean data into our Data Warehouse.
- Ensure that assigned daily support activities are dealt with in a successful and timely manner.
- Provide technical guidance and business intelligence know-how in addressing business needs.
- Validate that the Data Warehouse meets requirements and Service-Level expectations.
- Strong data related analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of BI and Data Warehouse design principles, techniques, and standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and skilled in dimensional data modeling, Data Vault modelling, data analysis and data mining
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS analytic cloud solutions.
- Experience with ETL and data warehouse automation tools.
- Experience delivering custom solutions using the Scrum delivery methodology
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence experience in a project environment
- Experience with BI and analytical modeling; having participated in the full lifecycle of activities.
- Experience developing in Power BI or Tableau
- 3+ years of demonstrated data development experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org