The Enterprise Architect has an end-to-end responsibility for ensuring the completeness of the IT architecture, adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders; and the integrity of the architecture, in terms of connecting all the various views, technologies and components to each other, satisfactorily reconciling the conflicting concerns of different stakeholders, and showing the trade-offs made in meeting these goals. The choice of which particular architecture views to develop is one of the key decisions that the Enterprise Architect has to make, this choice has to be constrained by considerations of practicality, cost, and by the principle of fitness-for-purpose.
- Understand and interpret requirements by probing for information, influencing people, facilitating consensus, synthesizing / translating ideas into actionable items and articulating those ideas to others. Embody requirements in the architecture specification.
- Accountable for ensuring the completeness (fitness-for-purpose) of the architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders and reconciling the conflicting concerns of different stakeholders, leading to a sign-off the architectural design as fit for purpose.
- Accountable for representing the organization’s end-to-end view of the architecture by understanding all the necessary business components, maintaining architectural design and documentation at a landscape and technical reference model level, with focus on the enterprise-level business functions provided by IT.
- Accountable for ensuring overall architecture integrity and maintain the vision of the offering from an architectural perspective. Identify leverage opportunities using building blocks and liaise between the functional groups to ensure that the leverage opportunities are realized.
- Responsible for developing well-formulated models of the components of the solution, augmenting the models as necessary to fit all the circumstances. Show multiple views through models to communicate ideas effectively.
- Responsible for validating, refining, and expanding the architecture model by verify assumptions, bringing in subject matter experts, etc. Improve the model by adding as necessary new ideas to make the result more flexible and more tightly linked to current and expected requirements.
- Disciplined, method-driven execution
- Strong personal and professional skills with the ability to respond tactfully to difficult scenarios and foster diplomacy in solutioning
- Leadership skills in providing knowledge, mentorship and technical guidance to other team members
- Significant experience in all major areas of IT.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry / competitor trends and identify new technology risks, threats opportunities and challenges.
Qualification & Experience:
- Skilled and experienced in producing IT architecture artifacts
- Minimum 10-15 years related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical/Business/Scientific)
- Full lifecycle experience to understand construction, implementation, and management aspects of the solution lifecycle
- Appropriate technical skills and experience, including technical breadth
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com