At WestJet, the Cabin Crew Member is a safety critical role. The role of a Cabin Crew Member is to balance delivering a remarkable guest experience while maintaining compliance with our regulated safety standards. Cabin Crew Members are ambassadors, they are what makes us WestJet. We’re looking for candidates who embody our corporate values, who live them whether they are at work or play. You are there to ensure the safety of our guests, while creating the experience our guests have come to know and love about WestJet.
- Follow all procedures to properly operate safety and emergency equipment such as oxygen systems, aircraft doors, life rafts, evacuation slides, fire extinguishers, galley equipment, communication equipment, and lighting systems.
- Effectively manage uncomfortable or challenging situations with the public.
- Ensure and uphold exceptional traveler service standards, both inflight and on the ground.
- Enforce and follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with WestJet and Regulatory Standards
- Follow all procedures to safety perform on time (SPOT)
- Carry oneself with the utmost professionalism and poise while on-duty or in the public eye.
- Complete service and sales in accordance with WestJet service standards.
- Anticipate and adhere to travelers’ needs.
- Must be able to reach 204 cm without shoes and the ability to raise on the balls of the feet.
- Must hold a current valid passport; where a Canadian Passport is not held, a Canadian Permanent Resident card (accompanied with all individual Visas necessary to enable you to perform the duties of a Flight Attendant wherever WestJet operates) is required.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must be able to travel internationally (United States and beyond) without restrictions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card (requires a 5-year traceable history, a clear criminal record and a Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident Card).
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces.
- Must be able to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English.
- Must be able to solve problems and make quick decisions in the interest of safety, crew, or traveler needs.
- Must be flexible and able to work a varied schedule
Qualification & Experience:
- Customer service experience an asset
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org