Safety Manager Vacancies in West Fraser Nacogdoches, TX
Website West Fraser
This Jobsfunter Listing is about West Fraser in Nacogdoches, TX 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Reporting to the Mill General Manager, the Safety Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the safety in our Oriented Strand Board Mill. Duties and responsibilities include all aspects of safety and health, including evaluating site processes and equipment to determine controls needed to keep workers safe. The EH&S Manager is responsible for ensuring that workers understand safe work procedures and are competent to safely carry out their assigned duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
EH&S Manager is responsible for ensuring that the workplace is monitored and is fully in compliance with all applicable OSHA standards, rules and regulations in order to maintain safety in manufacturing facility. To that end, these responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for directing and coordinating safety-related activities.
- Use labels, signs, posters, floor marking, and color coding to warn employees about potential hazards.
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) are maintained, and communicated to employees.
- Review and assist with safety measure introduction, which may include engineering controls, such as barriers or ventilation, personal protective gear or special procedures.
- Participate in workplace safety and health planning meetings.
- Ensure managers and supervisors have the appropriate safety and health, accident prevention, and investigation training.
- Administer corporate or site policies and procedures designed to promote worker health and safety as well as ensures compliance with applicable regulations.
- Work with the organization’s management team to evaluate and to enforce policy conformance.
- Develop measures and practices that prevent accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Routinely monitor the workplace for hazardous safety and health conditions.
- Ensure safety and health hazards are corrected, eliminated or guarded.
- Assess engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE on an on-going basis.
- Assist management with the investigation of accidents.
- Investigate all close calls and other safety-related incidents that have occurred within the accident area.
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- Ensure that all accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources. This information may be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Position requires being honest and ethical in business dealings.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and ensure miscommunications are minimized.
- Coordinate with other senior staff members on personnel, safety, finance, and other issues, looking for ways to increase and enhance all functional areas.
- Lead by example.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager.
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this role. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position. A reasonable accommodation may be allowed for some aspects of the role as determined by Human Resources.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a safety discipline with 5+ years manufacturing experience OR 10 years of manufacturing management experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Managerial/Supervisory experience (Preferably in Safety)
- Thorough knowledge of Safety concepts and application
- Leadership — ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- Engaging others — ability to set and achieve goals through others
- Innovation — demonstrates creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems
Specialized knowledge or skills needed:
- Knowledge of best practices, principles and methods to achieve a sustained, safe manufacturing environment.
- Leading and setting the example with safety.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships and maintain them over time.
- Analyze data to make informed decisions.
Outstanding Benefits Package Including:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com/careers
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process. Be sure to attach your resume to your online profile as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world’s largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace
Company: West Fraser
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Nacogdoches, TX
Application Deadline: N/A