Website Wells Fargo
The Sr. Investment Model Risk Analyst (Sr. Investment Risk Specialist) is expected to bring subject matter expertise in quantitative modeling and risk management, particularly in investment & wealth management, financial advisory service, and asset management, and is responsible and accountable for certain model life-cycle activities for F&I models: model identification, risk ranking, performance monitoring, usage, and change management. The team collaborates with relevant stakeholders for other model life-cycle activities such as model validation and model governance.
- Analyze and assess usage of F&I models, and provide credible challenges to model usage which includes model limitations/restrictions, input assumptions, robustness of output and incorrect or unapproved use of models. Review and approve model changes and documented exceptions.
- Work closely with stakeholders such as line of business model governance and Corporate Model Risk (CMoR) governance to risk rank quantitative and qualitative F&I models according to F&I CFMO policy/procedure and model risk ranking methodology, and provide credible challenges to ensure risk rankings reflect inherent model risks.
- Perform complex activities related to overseeing investment models including but not limited to risk factor models, asset pricing and valuation models, asset allocation models, portfolio construction models, financial planning models, time series and machine learning models, stress testing and scenario analysis models, and other types of models used in the investment and wealth management processes. Research and analyze model risk issues, evaluate theory and mathematics behind various models, assess model effectiveness, and recommends solutions to improve investment model risk management effectiveness.
- Work with other team members to produce periodic F&I model risk reports for Sr. Management. Produce and provide ad-hoc thematic analytics and presentations to senior management.
- Maintain and enhance F&I model risk oversight methodology and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory expectations, policies, and other standards specific to the function. The oversight methodologies and processes include but not limited to F&I model identification guidelines, risk ranking methodology and template, performance monitoring guidelines, model development guidelines. Review and streamline F&I model risk oversight process when necessary.
- Analyze and evaluate model performance results and provide credible challenges to model owners on performance deficiencies.
- Work closely with stakeholders to evaluate completeness of F&I models in the model inventory. Provide credible challenges for models, especially the ones with sizable model risk, but not included in the inventory.
- Consult and provide guidelines and recommendations for business partners in developing performance monitoring metrics, triggering thresholds and action plans for high risk rank F&I models.
- Hands-on skills and knowledge of investment tools and platforms such as FactSet, MSCI/Barra, BlackRock Aladdin, Bloomberg, Axioma, Morningstar Direct or similar is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across the organization, which includes virtual, matrixed leadership experience.
- Financial Risk Management Certificate (FRM) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or demonstrated progress toward the designation.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with investment management models as a model developer or validator, or in a model oversight role.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling and machine learning techniques, such as regression analysis, time series
- analysis, multivariate analysis, and other supervised and unsupervised learning.
Master’s Degree or higher in Finance, Investment, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in wealth and investment management industry or related experience in one or a combination of the following: investment research, investment risk management, portfolio management, capital markets, financial modeling and wealth management
- Experience and knowledge with quantitative modeling tools such as Python, R, Matlab, and SAS.
Company: Wells Fargo
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com