Reporting to the Merchandise Planning Manager, the Merchandise Planner is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for multiple merchandise categories by providing support to the Merchandise Planning Manager and working in conjunction with cross functional teams (Merchant, Replenishment, Store Ops). This planning responsibility includes both pre-season Assortment Building and In-Season management; conducting relevant business analysis, monitoring item/style level performance, sub-category/category forecasting by week/month, development of merchandise financial plan so that the businesses units’ merchandise is in the right place at the right time to meet the needs of the Walmart customer.
- Demonstrates the expected knowledge and proactive support in the progressive development and execution of product assortment and Merchandise financial planning including, analyzing category performance to identify business drivers and mitigate risks with cross functional partners gaining commitment to follow through on proposed action plans.
- Supports financial plans for categories as assigned by Merchandise Planning Manager by building partnerships with cross-functional partners (for example, Merchandising, Replenishment); preparing, revising, and monitoring sub-category/category budgets (for example, sales, markdowns, receipts), seasonal buy plans, and line review financials; working with Merchandise Planning Manager to determine item and store feature quantities; conducting analyses to identify business drivers and levers; and working with Merchandise Planning Manager to develop and present financial recommendations to merchants. Support category manager with developing the assortment plan, preparing and analyzing item performance and line review financials to enable bottom up assortment build, forecasting markdown requirements and product attribute trends.
- Responsible for completing a post-mortem financial analysis, at line level for assigned category of responsibility and seasonal events for review by the Merchandise Planning Manager. Conduct detailed size analyses, report opportunities, and make recommendations for sizing future commitment.
- Ability to influence & communicate
- Customer centered approach, analytical execution & results
- Demonstrated experience in planning & process improvement,
- Previous experience in an omnichannel environment, as an asset
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com