This position is responsible for loading orders into an assigned company vehicle and following a scheduled route to ensure all deliveries are made in a safe and timely manner as scheduled. The Driver will also be responsible for delivering orders to various Customers’ homes within a specific geographical area. They will work with the Gold Store online grocery team to ensure successful and on time delivery of customer orders to Bronze Stores, pick up sites & Customers.
- Keeps teams informed on the progress and offers feedback throughout their route by reporting clear and accurate information, as required. Is knowledgeable about our service and promotes the business and products positively at all times.
- Loads product onto the vehicle while ensuring it is properly loaded in the assigned vehicle, loaded, received, and orders are filled and shipped to customers accurately, meeting all food quality standards and processed in a timely manner to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction. Delivers groceries to customers or business individual addresses depending on order requirements. This may include stairs, elevators or other requirements to get to customer required location.
- Operates company vehicles in various road conditions safe and responsible manner and ensures the vehicle is clean, tidy and well cared for.
- Protects company vehicle by conducting required daily and vehicle circle checks, maintaining fuel levels, and following maintenance and reporting procedures. Immediately reports any deficiencies or damage.
- Follows pre-determined scheduled delivery routes for Bronze store delivery, pick up sites and varying routes for Customer home deliver as required by home delivery orders. Operates the vehicle under control at all times in accordance with the company safety policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Unloads deliveries to assigned store, validates the correct number of totes are being delivered, hands over driver manifest and customer invoices to bronze store OSA. Gets POD from store, collects returns, totes and paperwork from previous days deliveries and loads into vehicle. Returns to designated location back at the gold store.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org