Website W. R. Berkley Corporation
This Jobsfunter Listing is about W R Berkley Corporation in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
We are specialists, Berkley Offshore is a member company of Berkley, who is comprised of individual operating units that serve a market defined by geography, products, services or types of customers.
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates worldwide in two segments of the property casualty insurance business: Insurance and Reinsurance. Each of the Berkley companies, or operating units, within Berkley participates in a niche market requiring specialized knowledge about an industry, product or territory.
Our competitive advantage lies in our long-term strategy of decentralized operations, allowing each of our Berkley companies to identify and respond quickly and effectively to changing market conditions and local customer needs. This decentralized structure provides financial accountability and incentives to local management and enables us to attract and retain the highest caliber professionals.
We have the expertise and resources to utilize our strengths in the present environment, and the flexibility to anticipate, innovate and respond to whatever opportunities and challenges the future may hold.
Berkley Offshore started operations on January 1, 2009 writing an Energy Upstream book of business. During 2012, the Marine and Liability Divisions were started. We are committed to providing our specialized products to a worldwide clientele.
This is an entry level position for someone who is looking for a career in claims within the insurance industry.
- Assist in the adjustment, settlement and management of claims arising on policies underwritten by Berkley Offshore Underwriting Management in a lead and follow position
- Assist in the management of claims and outstanding resolutions in line with the relevant regulatory authorities
- Contribute to enhancements and modifications to claims processes and systems to generate sustained improvements within the department
- Comply with relevant Berkley Offshore Underwriting Management procedures and policies
- Manage service provider effectiveness and value for money, including: lawyers, loss adjusters, expert advisors, auditors, TPAs
- Act within established service standards.
- Assist in the management of Broker and Client relations to ensure proactive communication and the delivery of service satisfaction
- Liaise with related functions within Berkley Offshore Underwriting Management in the furtherance of the delivery of effective claims management – Underwriting, Actuarial, Risk Management, Finance and Compliance
- Attend BOUM internal meetings
- Experience of working within the London Market preferred.
- Desire to work towards relevant professional qualification (ACII)
- Minimum of B in English and Maths GCSE and 2 A-Levels (or equivalent), degree preferred
- A generally proactive and enquiring approach
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Company: W. R. Berkley Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A