Vodacom Vacancies – Environmental Maintenance Manager
The role of the Manager: RAN and Environmental Maintenance is to ensure optimal performance of the Radio Access Network and its environmental infrastructure (power, aircon, security, alarming etc) through corrective and preventative maintenance in order to achieve specific network availability performance and to retain quality standards.
- To control the usage of vehicles, generators and test equipment as per company policies and procedures.
- To manage quality acceptance from build into maintenance with regional staff and FFO contractor
- To analyze the cause of faults and identify the measures required to eliminate the faults from reoccurring
Continuous improvement initiatives for minimising OPEX
- To ensure that staff & FFO contractor are trained on, aware of and issued with the correct Health and Safety information and equipment so as to ensure optimal performance within a safe working environment.
- To drive the execution of preventative/proactive upgrade activities required to improve network availability
- To manage the quality of the corrective and preventative passive and active maintenance activities
- To manage and control the outputs of the FFO contractor
- To manage and drive restoration of faults or required upgrades caused and/or under the control of any 3rd parties (e.g. Eskom, towercos, other opco’s etc)
- To ensure all network faults (both service affecting and non-service affecting) are attended and restored timeously and within the SLAs and KPIs as set out by the company
- To manage usage and maintenance of the generator fleet and efficient use of diesel utilisation by FFO Contractor
- Minimum 3 years National Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering (Essential)
- 3 years in coordinating across various stakeholders
Qualification & Experience:
- Min 8+ years’ experience in general network maintenance, Radio Maintenance & Transmission, Network
- Performance Management & Project Management
- Matric / Grade 12 (Essential)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org