Staff Automation Engineer – Opportunity for Working Remotely Jobs in VMware Atlanta, GA
This Jobsfunter Listing is about VMware in Atlanta, GA 2022
About the job
Why would you enjoy this new opportunity?
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering, and you love solving problems and learning new things. You’re passionate about software quality and the opportunity to make a meaningful, widespread impact through the work you do every day is important to you. You are looking for an opportunity to work for a company whose software is utilized by every Fortune 500 company and significantly impacts every industry. Our product is used across verticals including education, finance, retail, government, airlines, etc., enabling critical line of business use cases. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, or most significant problem for this role?
Workspace ONE is a digital workspace platform that simply and securely delivers and manages any app on any device by integrating access control, application management, and multi-platform endpoint management. It is available as a cloud service or for on-premises deployment. Our software scales to support millions of devices across multiple device platforms. We have a high bar for quality, performance, scale, availability and supportability – our customers are counting on us to keep their business running. We support complex use cases that span across VMware and services/capabilities provided by OS vendors. We integrate with customers enterprise infrastructure to provide a seamless management experience.
You will be the senior most architect on a brand new team that is solely focused on ensuring we meet the high quality standards that our product demands. This team will be responsible for building tools and services that enable us to automate the complex use cases that we support. Responsibilities for this team will also include ensuring that the product being built is testable including designing and refactoring core platform components to ensure so. Team members are expected to participate actively in product design discussions and work closely with functional engineering teams to ensure that the product is built in parallel with the integrations, services and tooling required to effectively test it in an automated fashion.
You will be owning engineering initiatives and champion a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement, and engineering excellence.
Within the first 6-12 months, what are the 2-3 most important performance goals for you to be successful in this role?
- Product and implement designs that improve test automation in the product
- Be very active in code reviews, holding the highest bar of engineering standards
- Participate in recruiting activities that help grow the team
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments or requirements will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Architect and build frameworks, tools and services that enable us to automate the product
- Automate complex testing scenarios and use cases to reduce test execution and triaging time and improve engineering efficiency
- Drive automation efforts; build an automation platform that will enable team to write automation tests quickly and efficiently.
- Work on initiatives that improve the testability and supportability of the code
- Identify and address areas where test automation can be improved by either refactoring, building or adopting new tooling and technologies
- Actively participating in design and code reviews from functional teams
- Help grow and mentor a team of engineers
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, training, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local-inspired snacks in all our pantries
This job may require the candidate to comply with travel restrictions and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-03-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A