This Jobsfunter Listing is about Visme in Washington DC-Baltimore Area
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Visme has an opening for a skilled and experienced back-end web application engineer to work with our team to support our technical expansion needs to support our growing base of 10+ million users.
– Education is a plus but real-life experience is even a bigger factor in our decision process:
– At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (Master’s preferred)
– You have at least 4+ years of hands-on experience working on large complex applications.
– You have deep experience with Kotlin and Golang. (Java is a plus)
– Prior experience with AWS or similar cloud technologies, LAMP stack
– Prior experience with API integrations
-Very comfortable working with SSH
– At least intermediate of security best practices at the server level.
– Comfortable with AWS DevOps.
Things you’ll be doing
– Research, guide, and execute system architecture changes, including but by no means limited to, server-side React rendering, and back-end optimization
– Development and maintenance of editor and dashboard based application (SPA)
– Perform back-end work including developing server-side logic.
– Measure, detect and alleviate performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome dev tools
– Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
– Work closely with other senior members to oversee and manage our development team and engineering process.
– Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
– Perform requirement analysis, structure design, program implementation, system integration/testing.
– Dev Ops on AWS utilizing EWC, RDS, S3 and related cloud solutions on AWS.
Ship to our large user base weekly while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
– Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
– Experiment: We are changing the landscape of visual communication and this means we strive to innovate and find new and better ways to propel our product and offerings.
Acts as a subject matter expert for assigned applications, systems, and technologies and with limited supervision, perform expert programming, configuring, and/or analysis. Manage the effective use of team resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, and/or initiatives. Participates in the design/development process. Lead investigation and resolution efforts for critical/high impact problems, defects and incidents and provide technical guidance to team members.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Washington DC-Baltimore Area
Application Deadline: N/A