Website Virgin Atlantic
As Managing Director – Cargo you’ll have full P&L accountability, leading all sales, commercial and operational aspects of VAC, maximising cargo contribution for Virgin Atlantic, working collaboratively across the airline to ensure the future success of VAC, whilst having a key role in developing our North Atlantic joint venture with Air France KLM and Delta.
- Provide thought leadership, directing, shaping, and delivering cargo’s 5-year strategy.
- Maintain strong and effective relationships across Virgin Atlantic Airways (VAA) to deliver the strategy and priorities for Cargo and our North Atlantic joint venture.
- Develop and nurture relationships with our global customer base, suppliers, and joint venture partners
- Lead global sales and supplier management activity, fostering key global relationships at an executive level to drive profitable revenue growth and unit cost advantages.
- Represent Virgin Atlantic Cargo in key industry events (IATA Exec, CNS, Air Cargo Europe, BIFA), and lead engagement through governmental lobbying and regulatory forums as required.
- Influence across Virgin Atlantic and Group/JV partnership as required, providing key input on industry issues and development opportunities from a cargo perspective.
- Continually evaluate further ways to engage new technologies to drive incremental customer and enterprise value.
- Demonstrable ability to lead consultative sales, along with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills across all levels of customers, partners, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
- Be Curious and Grow; Innovate, seek continuous improvement, and think laterally so that Virgin Atlantic Cargo identifies, develops and implements winning strategies.
- Proven record of planning and managing at both a strategic and operational level, making insightful decisions under pressure, and being comfortable taking calculated risks.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with purpose and influence at all levels.
Company: Virgin Atlantic
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brighton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org