Website Virgin Atlantic
As a Materials Supplier you will be accountable for overseeing all parts and material movements within the network of Virgin Atlantic Engineering Stores, ensuring accurate transactions of all inventory movements on the computerized inventory system. You will be dealing with first line queries regarding inventory and liaising with Production to solve inventory queries as they arise. In addition, the job holder must maintain a clean, safe and secure working environment within the Civil Aviation Authority and Virgin Atlantic Quality mandatory regulations.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping and cleanliness including safety precautions complying with health and safety regulations. Adherence to a bonded store environment to ensure continued compliance
- Liaise fully with the Technical Stores Supervisor in the absence of the Senior Material Supplier at the beginning of each shift.
- Ensure unserviceable / unsalvageable parts are segregated and routed to the relevant department for transacting
- Monitor and control the stocks of time expired chemicals in accordance with the Control of Substances Harmful to Health Regulations, 1992 (COSHH) prior to disposal by a licensed contractor.
- Ensure all materials are packaged appropriately and are either issued/transferred or stored as appropriate ensuring the computer system is accurately updated to reflect the parts location
- You will need to become conversant with all material procedures in section 5 of the companies’ engineering departmental procedures manual and with all current local office instructions.
- Ensure all tooling is controlled and stored to the highest standards. This includes following the ‘Check-Out / Check In’ process.
- 20T forklift license (as required).
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Holder of a Cat.B1 counterbalance forklift operator’s license/ Flexi-forklift license.
- Basic knowledge of MS word & Excel.
- Current full driving license for vehicles up to and including 3.5T maximum gross weight.
- Must demonstrate strong numeracy skills and have the ability to work well on their own initiative as well as in a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Fully competent and experienced with inventory management on a complex stores system.
- Preferable experience in aviation or similar field
- Experience in performing stock checks
Company: Virgin Atlantic
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Heathrow, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com