Website Virgin Atlantic
As a Materials Supplier you will be accountable for overseeing all parts and material movements within the network of Virgin Atlantic Engineering Stores, ensuring accurate transactions of all inventory movements on the computerized inventory system. You will be dealing with first line queries regarding inventory and liaising with Production to solve inventory queries as they arise. In addition, the job holder must maintain a clean, safe and secure working environment within the Civil Aviation Authority and Virgin Atlantic Quality mandatory regulations.
- Monitor and control the stocks of time expired chemicals in accordance with the Control of Substances Harmful to Health Regulations, 1992 (COSHH) prior to disposal by a licensed contractor.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping and cleanliness including safety precautions complying with health and safety regulations. Adherence to a bonded store environment to ensure continued compliance
- Building maintenance spares preloads in support of the companies exciting New Line of Flying programme.
- Ensure all materials are packaged appropriately and are either issued/transferred or stored as appropriate ensuring the computer system is accurately updated to reflect the parts location
- Liaise fully with the Technical Stores Supervisor in the absence of the Senior Material Supplier at the beginning of each shift.
- Complete self-monitoring procedures in support of continued compliance/continued improvement.
- Complete thorough investigation of any discrepancies and forward the results to the supervisory team.
- You will need to become conversant with all material procedures in section 5 of the companies’ engineering departmental procedures manual and with all current local office instructions.
- Ensure all tooling is controlled and stored to the highest standards. This includes following the ‘Check-Out / Check In’ process.
- Liaise with Material Inventory/Planning, Purchasing and Component repair teams on receipt problems as and when necessary
- Notify the Duty Material Planner that an AOG or Critical requirement exists, when a nil or not stocked situation arises outside normal working hours.
- Ensure unserviceable / unsalvageable parts are segregated and routed to the relevant department for transacting
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Holder of a Cat.B1 counterbalance forklift operator’s license/ Flexi-forklift license.
- 20T forklift license (as required).
- Basic knowledge of MS word & Excel.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in performing stock checks
- Preferable experience in aviation or similar field
- Fully competent and experienced with inventory management on a complex stores system.
Company: Virgin Atlantic
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com