This Jobsfunter Listing is about Verizon in Alpharetta, GA 2022
About the job
Job # 600427
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What You’ll Be Doing…
Verizon is building a future using a combination of technologies such as 5G Mobility, Fixed Wireless Access and Multi-Access Edge Computing to create experiences on top of the networks that drive the world forward. Leveraging data science and advanced analytics allows us to go beyond and improve the delivery of these products and forge exceptional customer experiences. We have a unique ability to use this platform to develop next generation platforms, influence technology standards, forge durable business partnerships, and define the playing field for the next wave of technology innovation with applications such as IoT, connected cars, aerial drone solutions, augmented intelligence and more. Within these evolving ecosystems, Verizon is uniquely positioned to capture new growth and value opportunities.
The newly formed end-to-end Business Transformation team within VBG (Verizon Business Group) holds a key role in helping shape this new path.We challenge ourselves to drive execution and evolution of VBG’s strategy, collaborating with leadership and experts across the organization. We can do so by leveraging the multi-faceted background of our team consisting of former management consultants, investment professionals, data scientists and technology subject matter experts. We are responsible for challenging the status quo, looking beyond the horizon, and making the future real, role-modeling the new Verizon 2.0 way of working that builds on customer centricity, collaboration, and innovation to drive change. Want to a have meaningful impact? This is where it happens!
- Develop new capabilities and enhance critical business processes with advanced analytics and visualization capabilities to drive new growth opportunities and value creation.
- Collaborate with data engineers and developers across our global technology services teams to build analytics solutions focused on value drivers and stakeholder experience.
- Assess transformation initiatives and accelerate execution, working alongside business and technology leaders to ensure effective evaluation, design, implementation and change management.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders andbusiness leaders on cross-functional growth initiatives.
- Craft and deliver actionable recommendations to senior leadership through data-driven analysis and visualization for executive decision making.
Where You’ll Be Working
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What We’re Looking For…
You are outcomes-driven, smart, hard-working, and a great team player. You thrive on new challenges, and are excited by the prospect of mastering new things. You can be creative and visionary, but are able to roll up your sleeves to structure a project plan, develop an analytics tool, or craft a presentation. You are comfortable leading and following. You are confident enough to voice well-informed, dissenting opinions, yet always treat others and their views with respect.
You’ll Need To Have
- A Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g., R, Python Numpy/Pandas, SQL).
- Experience with using the following tools: (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, PowerPivot) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- MBA or advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Analytics.
- Two or more years of experience in a strategy or quantitative/technical role (e.g., data science, applied analytics, mathematics, engineering) for a tier 1 management consulting firm.
- Experience with business problem definition, insight synthesis, and executive communication.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods (e.g., regression; classification algorithms; gradient boosted ensembles) and experience in data analytics platforms and visualization software tools.
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Ability with working across all levels of an organization, leveraging organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and time-management skills.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Job Family: BSP
Business Unit: STDBU
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A