This Jobsfunter Listing is about Vanguard in Scottsdale, AZ 2022
About the job
The New Ways of Working (NWOW) organization within Retail Strategic Support (RSS) We create value across four primary dimensions: Client outcomes, Productivity, Speed, and Crew Engagement.
Together they propel RIG performance to achieve a sustainable advantage for all investors. RSS is organized under a cross-functional, matrixed model of delivery management teams aligned to each RIG sub-division and functional centers of excellence, designed to enable and provide key divisional systems and processes.
Highlights of our team:
- This team can function cohesively and can complete tasks very quickly and seamlessly. Being proactive and having strong problem solving skills is key
- This team is unique in RSS to be streamlined to one leader and have the ability to receive consistent developmental feedback and coaching.
What benefits can you expect from this role:
- Exposure: This role offers the opportunity to work with and support the RSS leadership team through a variety of tasks.
- Relationship Management: This role learns how to manage different audiences and how to confidently influence and execute decisions.
Successful candidates for this role will:
- Be able to quickly adapt and respond to change and last-minute requests while managing expectations of leadership team while remaining positive
- Have strong attention to detail, time management, and ability to shift priorities of different tasks when needed
- Excel in relationship management in order to build strong effective relationships with those they are supporting
- Possess problem solving skills, a positive attitude, and be a team player
- Have experience with NWoW practices and a willingness to support NWoW initiatives
Duties And Responsibilities
- Work in a confidential, highly responsive relationship with the senior leadership team to:
- Arrange and manage logistics for departmental meetings and conferences
- Prepare materials for team meetings
- Maintain calendars; organize and schedule appointments
- Coordinate travel for arrangements for senior leaders
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Manage site visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients/vendors
- Assist with tracking maintaining departmental expenses
- Assist with training and peer coaching
- Provide backup coverage for other department admins during PTO
- Provide on-site coverage for visiting Principals
- Proactively engage Admin Supervisor to take on additional responsibilities for the benefit of the broader RSS Department
- Follows established procedures and guidelines, with limited opportunity to exercise independent judgement.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years administrative or secretarial experience, preferably in a medium to large size department in a corporate setting.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of training and experience; Associate’s degree or Bachelor degree preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A