This Jobsfunter Listing is about Vanguard in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Directs and coordinates production support activities for applications, databases, and systems.
In Europe, Vanguard is in the middle of a digital transformation. With this transformation comes the needs for world class support to ensure we deliver these critical services to our clients. Join a small UK based team but be part of a global operation with peers in Australia and the United States. We are looking for someone with a thirst for learning and an eye for managing a complex yet resilient set of applications to our external and internal customers.
- Provides advanced level production support of applications, databases, and systems. Directs and coordinates technical procedures to resolve production issues after evaluation. Primarily focused on B2B and D2C applications. Proficient in use of industry standard tools. e.g. Service Now, Splunk, Cloudwatch, Honeycomb
- Leads the monitoring of production systems for alerts, outages, and system issues. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis to minimize risk. Manages the expectations and requirements of business and production support teams.
- Understands service level agreements and ensures that support requests are resolved within the service level agreement timeframe. Resolves elevated issues and communicates the resolutions.
- Writes and updates production support documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Leads improvement efforts and directs changes.
- Operates as a advanced technical partner and maintains strong working relationships with development and business partners.
- Mentors and trains junior production support analysts. Proactively expands knowledge of systems and shares best practices.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years related work experience, with two years of IT operational experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred.
- Solid understanding of ITIL practices (Incident, Request, Change & Problem)
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return. We invest with purpose—and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
A note on flexible working in the longer term – we have transitioned to a work from home model for many of our crew and continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely. We’ve learned that we can serve clients well, maintain our productivity, and continue to deliver on our strategic goals while most of our crew work remotely. These learnings help reinforce that we will work differently in the future, and we are committed to providing more flexibility than in the past.
As we develop the path forward, we will take a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew. Given that we expect a balance of remote and on-campus work for most roles, we encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing that you will be working with your fellow crew members at one of Vanguard’s offices on a regular basis when we re-open. We will provide more details on our evolving approach to flexibility as soon as possible.
INTERNAL CREW, CONTRACTOR & DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLY
Please note, current suppliers and potential suppliers are not permitted to communicate with or contact or send or otherwise provide any speculative resumes to any department, business unit, subsidiary or affiliate of Vanguard, or any employee thereof, at any time unless expressly instructed or permitted by a member of Vanguard’s HR department. For the avoidance of doubt, Vanguard will not pay any fees to a supplier or potential supplier in respect of any candidate unless Vanguard HR has either requested the referral or given its prior written consent to the referral. If you would like to partner with Vanguard Europe, please contact [email protected] and we will be in touch if we need further information and/or if we need additional support.
**Please note LinkedIn ‘Easy Apply’ is an expression of interest only! To be considered for the role, you’ll need to complete your application via our careers site : thank you**
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A