Case Management Manager Full Time Days Positions in Valley Baptist Health System Brownsville, TX
Website Valley Baptist Health System
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Valley Baptist Health System in Brownsville, TX 2022
About the job
The individual in this position has overall responsibility for coordinating the daily activities of the case management team, while overseeing the clinical plan of care to conform with evidence-based practice and/or regulatory/payor requirements.
This position integrates functions typically considered to be case management, care coordination and/or utilization management, and discharge planning assessment and coordination.
As such, the individual’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Coordination of clinical care (medical necessity, appropriateness of care and resource utilization for admission, continued stay, discharge and post-acute care) compared to evidenced-based practice, internal and external requirements.
- Identify and report variances in appropriateness of medical care provided, over/under utilization of resources compared to evidenced-based practice and external requirements.
- This priority includes work with relevant software and communicating information through clear, complete and concise documentation in CM software.
- Effective collaboration with physicians, nurses, ancillary staff, payors, patients and families to achieve optimum clinical outcomes.
- Remain current with relevant clinical / case management practices.
- Assist Director with daily operational oversight and supervision of Departmental staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Social Work.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 2 years of utilization/case management experience. Preferably 2 years of utilization / case management experience and/or 3 years of nursing clinical supervision experience1 year supervisory experience. Demonstrates computer knowledge of programs related to position and displays competency on an ongoing basis.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Previous Case Management Supervisory experience.
Required: Possession of current Texas State license for Registered Nurse or LMSW/LCSW; BLS-obtained through approved American Heart Association Training; At Hire or obtained within 10 working days before assuming patient care
Preferred: Certification in Case Management (CCM, ACM)
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Brownsville, Texas
Facility: Valley Baptist Medical Center – Brownsville
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Company: Valley Baptist Health System
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Executive
Job Location: Brownsville, TX
Application Deadline: N/A