Website US Foods
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and manage established as well as new customers, by selling food and non-food items to achieve sales and profitability goals.
- Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
- Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Drive motor vehicle to existing customers, and prospects, to ensure product delivery, which may include lifting/carrying up to 75lbs.
- Know the market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Foster the customer relationship in a team based selling model.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (e.g., delivery mis picks, short on loads, stock-outs).
- Problem solving ability and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities
- Motor vehicle record in good standing
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office products
Qualification & Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- One+ year of sales (foodservice industry preferred) or culinary/restaurant management experience
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com