Website US Foods
The primary function of this position is to drive a tractor trailer (interstate) for the purpose of picking up and delivering various products from vendors and company distribution centers. All functions must be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Perform all pre-trip responsibilities including the inspection of the truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation regulations. Check accident kit.
- Verify freight on truck and required trailer temperatures.
- Deliver products to multiple centers in a timely and safe manner.
- Perform all post-trip responsibilities: perform safety checks on the vehicle; fuel; unhook and secure trailer; park and secure tractor and hand truck; complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required) and company vehicle maintenance reports (DVIR) and reconcile these with the appropriate company representative as required.
- Visually survey Vendor and Company distribution centers during the approach to determine hazards.
- Verify proper invoices and properly enter required information into Xata or other on-board computer system. Complete logs and manifest(s).
- Education/Training: High School Diploma/GED preferred, however, must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide). Must have a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL), class A, issued by state of legal residence. Must meet the medical requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT). Must be willing to work flexible hours.
Qualification & Experience:
- Related Experience/Requirements: Minimum 1 year over the road commercial driving experience or six months with a beverage delivery company or as a foodservice delivery representative required. Must not have more than two convictions in the past two year period for moving traffic violations; not have a DUI conviction in the past three years (regardless of type of vehicle operated); not have driver’s license suspended for traffic violations with the past three years. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org