UPS is currently seeking highly motivated, energetic self-starters to work as a Part-Time Operations Supervisor. This management position involves directly supervising a group of Package Handlers. Part-Time Supervisors train, develop, and hold their workgroups responsible for safety, production and attendance. The Part-Time Operations Supervisor impacts the organization by contributing to the continued growth and profitability of UPS by maintaining the highest standards for account productivity, accuracy, customer service, organization, communication, cooperation, and safety.
- Ensure that all department and/or corporate policies and procedures are communicated, understood, and adhered to.
- Direct daily transload activities to support account objectives for level of service, cost management, customer expectations, and volume requirements.
- Meet or exceed all established standards for accuracy and productivity.
- Establish and maintain an aggressive cross-training program within the department to promote development, enhance flexibility, and ensure backup coverage of vital functions and processes.
- Ensure that all department employees receive specific and detailed orientation, skills and safety training, appropriate materials and information, regular evaluations, and pro-active coaching to support their continued development.
- Implement employee personal development plans as required to ensure the continuing professional growth of department personnel.
- Management of department resources to ensure maximum output, accuracy, and efficiency at all times.
- Establish and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment emphasizing employee involvement, pro-active communication, inter-departmental cooperation, and continual improvement on all levels.
- Management experience – Preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or International Equivalent – Preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bluefield, WV, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com