Website University of Minnesota Foundation
This Jobsfunter Listing is about University of Minnesota Foundation in Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area 2022
About the job
At the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF), our mission is to connect passion with possibility, inspire generosity, and support greatness at the University of Minnesota by placing donors at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. UMF is a nonprofit organization responsible for raising and managing gifts to the University of Minnesota.
For more information about UMF, please visit https://give.umn.edu/about-umf.
About The Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to support our team of event professionals in creating high-impact engagement opportunities and meaningful guest experiences. In this position, the individual will receive instruction, guidance, and direction from others to perform work assignments, and coupled with their sound judgment they will be able to identify and escalate relevant issues. This individual is an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, highly organized, and willing to put in the time and energy to be part of something exceptional.
The Event Coordinator provides support and logistical planning for the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF) Events Department, which produces more than 200 stewardship, cultivation, and pipeline events annually. Position implements and coordinates general operations of event strategies, logistics, expense tracking, and execution for events supporting the Foundation’s fundraising objectives.
What you’ll do:
● Supports projects with high attention to detail, time sensitivity, internal and/or external customers, including triaging, developing, and implementing key elements.
● Coordinates and executes logistical workflow for assigned projects based on established procedures and guidelines.
● Collaborates with internal and/or external partners to move projects forward and ensure thorough communication of event details and resources.
● Anticipates common needs and takes appropriate initiative to promote a smooth planning process and guest experience.
● Professionally interfaces with leaders and donors on the phone, in-person, and by email.
● Manages details including: online registration, RSVPs, data entry, etc. with accuracy and consistency.
● Creates, proofs for accuracy, prints, and assembles event materials such as nametags, programs, digital assets, confirmation packets, invitations, PPT presentations, etc..
● Prepares budget and financial reports – coordinates, tracks, and records invoices and vendor payments.
● Researches, identifies, and recommends vendors, and conducts additional event related research as assigned.
● Provides work direction to student interns.
We take care of you:
● Comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, and pharmacy coverage; life insurance; retirement; long-term care insurance; and disability coverage.
● Come. Work. Stay. Play. The U of M is conveniently accessible by light rail, bus, and bike. And we offer discounted bus transportation through our “U-Pass” program.
● The University of Minnesota embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
● Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field, or a combination of education and related experience in the events, hospitality/service industry or Marketing/Public Relations related project management totaling a minimum of four years.
● Experience utilizing tracking software or databases for data entry, reporting, and analysis.
● Excellent organization, project and time management, problem-solving and client service skills.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to report complete vaccination against COVID-19 or submit documentation requesting a medical or religious exemption on their first day of employment. To learn more, please visit the University’s COVID-19 Response webpage.
How To Apply:
Applications must be submitted online through the U of M Careers site. To submit your application, please follow this link: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/346664. If you have any difficulties or questions while applying feel free to contact Andrew Hanson, HR Generalist at [email protected].
Company: University of Minnesota Foundation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Application Deadline: N/A