Website University of Maryland Medical Center
This Jobsfunter Listing is about University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, MD 2022
About the job
What You Will Do
The Supplemental Nursing unit at University of Maryland Medical Center offers the experienced RN an opportunity to practice in any number of world-class clinical specialties and practice settings, from Shock Trauma to Neurology, and surgical specialties. Our staff supports every unit of the hospital, meeting acute needs and filling in for nurses who may be on extended leave. The successful candidate will have at least one year of medical surgical nursing experience. Requires a minimum commitment of 96 hours/month, with 4 shifs per month on weekends (Saturday and Sunday). Two holidays (1 Summer & 1 Winter) per year are also required. We offer a competitive salary, with shift differential. EOE
Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional registered nurse in collaboration with members of the permanent nursing staff. Accountable to the patient and family for care provided and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
- II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Provides safe care to patients, using appropriate nursing judgment.
- Keeps self current with and adheres to standards of practice and institutional/unit policies.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of assigned patient’s health status, treatment, care and progress and follows the plan of care based on this information.
- Organizes care and sets priorities based on the most pertinent needs of each patients.
- Seeks guidance from appropriate resources when necessary and validates decisions when appropriate.
- Responds appropriately in emergency conditions.
- Recognizes changes in patient’s physical and mental states and takes appropriate actions.
- Keeps self current with regard to required certification such as, CPR, infection control, and fire and safety.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with other health team members in determining patient health care needs.
- Recognizes and responds to and relates verbal, non-verbal, and written communication in a clear and concise manner.
III. Working Conditions
- Weekend, holidays, and a specific number of days per month may be required.
- Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment.
IV. Patient Safety
Ensures patient safety in the performance of job functions and through participation in hospital, department or unit patient safety initiatives.
- Takes action to correct observed risks to patient safety.
- Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate management authority.
- Implements policies, procedure, and standards consistently in the performance of assigned duties.
- Develops effective working relationships and maintains good communication with other team members.
- Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and communicates the same to those in charge.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure in the State of Maryland as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of 1 year of recent clinical experience as an R.N.: (however, type of experience requirements may vary depending upon specific qualifications established at the unit level).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit/area/department policies and procedures.
Company: University of Maryland Medical Center
Vacancy Type: $29.10/hr – $39.70/hr (LinkedIn est.) · Part-time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
Application Deadline: N/A