Website University of Ghana
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under University of Ghana in Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative position in the College of Basic and Applied Sciences listed below, to take effect from 1st August 2023.
College Of Basic And Applied Sciences
Objectives of the College: The College of Basic and Applied Sciences shall advance the objectives of each of its constituent Units and by these specific objectives, to:
- Develop world-class scientists to meet national and global developmental needs through quality teaching, learning, research, innovation and extension;
- Enhance staff capacity through systematic staff development programmes;
- Enhance research capabilities of staff for increased output in teaching and publications;
- Develop effective processes for public engagement; and,
- Create a congenial environment for teaching, research and student learning experiences.
POSITION : Dean, School of Veterinary Medicine
REPORTING TO: Provost, College of Basic and Applied Sciences
The Successful Candidate Must
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Be of professorial rank from an academicesearch institution or a person from industry eligible for that position;
- Be capable of providing academic leadership especially in the area of teaching, research and extension in the relevant disciplines;
- Provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the School;
- Demonstrate capacity to attract funding for research and development; and,
- Have the vision and the drive to oversee the growth and development of the School.
- The Dean is responsible for providing leadership to the School and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board and the School Management Committee.
- The Dean is to ensure that the approved programmes and functions of the School are duly carried out by members of the School.
- The Dean is also responsible for the general administration of the School in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University policy.
The Dean shall hold office for three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board to Council, and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
- A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at:
Closing Date: 23 December, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Company: University of Ghana
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
Application Deadline: N/A