Website United Airlines
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under United Airlines in CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The Airport Operations department keeps operations at our airports running smoothly through planning, organization and supervision.
Job Overview And Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Airport Operations Supervisor, the Lead will assume daily responsibility for achieving service standards and operational objectives. The Lead is accountable for making decisions that impact the station metrics and provides front-line leadership, guidance and technical support to CSRs. The lead is engaged operationally, to ensure the needs of the customer, the team and our operation are met; on a day-to-day basis. You are empowered to be flexible in meeting customer and employee needs whilst addressing the dynamics of our schedule. Working closely with and supported by the Management team you are expected to use your experience and knowledge to demonstrate a safe, caring, dependable and efficient ethos; to lead the frontline team with drive and compassion, ensuring that we remain accountable for our performance.
Duties Include But Not Limited To
- Responsible for upholding safety standards, including MOCHA audit completion, safety inspections and feedback to Customer Service Reps.
- Driving the operation in all departments; lobby, gates, premium services, club, baggage and connections
- Engaged operationally, to ensure the needs of the customer, the team and our operation are met; on a day-to-day basis
- Oversee the necessary daily preparatory work, ensuring staff deployment best meets the needs of the schedule
- Support club vendor and PS team in service delivery and product offering through daily engagement and service standard audits.
- Ensure a good knowledge of premium services policies and procedures; including club access, promotions and marketing programs can be demonstrated
- Follow and uphold uniform and appearance standards
- Support the station with daily admin and back office work
- Assignment of department tasks, breaks and overtime in all areas
- Assist Supervisors with performance management and feedback to employees
- Conduct daily team briefings
- Assisting Customer Service Representative job interviews
- Support the supervisor team with collateral and project work.
- Participate and organize internal monthly safety meetings alongside supervisor as part of the Station SAT
- Liaison and assist with service partners in below the wing team, SOC team for on time departure
- Support with aircraft damage and employee injury investigation
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- 2 years of Customer Service/Operational Experience
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience
- Secondary School Education or equivalent school leaving certificate
- Sound Administration skills (Microsoft word, Excel, Emails)
- Excellent knowledge of ATW airport operations procedures & processes
- Good technical knowledge of Airport applications (MAP, Aero, Shares, AIMS etc)
- Proven track record of reliability
- Have the ability to work under pressure in a calm, professional manner
- Have the ability to think clearly and make logical decisions
- Must be a true team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and initiative.
- Must be willing and able to work all shifts (early/late) on a rotating shift pattern
- Must be well groomed in appearance, be reliable, dependable and strive for high quality work
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be legally authorized to work in South Africa for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years Customer Service/Operational Experience
- Vendor experience
- Have a valid US Visa
Equal Opportunity Employer — Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT CPT00000010
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A