Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Unilever in Boksburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Logistics Coordinator– Home Care Boksburg
Main Job Purpose
Responsible for identifying, analyzing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the operation. Including but not limited to receiving, warehousing, and line supply operations of material handling activities.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- weekly transport planning, within the allocated cost
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timelines on targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Inventory Control: Monthly Stock count (Pack, material and raw materials) and daily cycle counts
- Coordinate material variance investigation post stock count with relevant Sloc Owners
- Track MUC/MUV report on weekly basis and take corrective action for abnormalities
- Monitor and track decanting process of rework- daily output
- People management – DHL resource to meet production plan requirement and material pullers
- Support and drive the 5S initiatives
- Ensure that material supply to production lines is done on system
- Raise for supplier for services rendered on time
- Resolve any DCIW related to supplier payment queries
- Pallets Management & Budget control (Invoicing)
- Bulk Management: Internal and External (export)
- Savings projects (Contribution to factory target) and Waste Management
- SAP, MS Office
- Administrative duties
- Responsible and accountable for implementation of CIP through related studies and other methodologies (5S, Lean, TOC, etc.
- Initiatives may include, but are not limited to: receiving, binning, picking, kitting, sequencing, slotting, design, planning, scheduling, benchmarking, team problem solving, layout design, measurement and improvement of KPI’s, automation and process flow improvement.
- Actively contributes to initiatives and monitors quantitative benefits of changes
- Evaluates and analyses data, processes and material flow
- Implements initiatives and monitors quantitative benefits of changes
- Develops business cases for financial investments where required, including ROI calculations, quantified value, productivity improvements, etc.
- Documents and communicates project timelines, milestones and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and assists in coaching of employees on Lean and Problem-Solving principles
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in Industrial Engineering
- 2-3 years’ working experience in Production, Logistics, Warehouse, FMCG/ Manufacturing
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers/ third parties, contractors and manufacturers
- Understand raw materials, processing, make and packaging
- Working knowledge and experience in production, supply chain, and planning
- Have excellent supervisory, coordination, organization, planning
- Manage multiple stakeholders and numerous improvement projects
- Subject matter expert, provide guidance and support and hold others accountable
- SAP, Outlook, Excel, Word, working knowledge
NOTE: Please apply online, your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boksburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A