Website UN Environment Programme
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under UN Environment Programme in เขตปริมณฑลกรุงเทพมหานคร 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
Result of Service
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Management Officer – Promotion of Community Resilience Against Plastic Pollution and Climate Change in the Mekong River Basin” and overall supervision by Regional Coordinator for Chemicals and Pollution Action in UNEP Asia and the Pacific Office, the consultant is required to deliver the following deliverables under the agreed timeline
Output 1 : .Communications content to disseminate the scientific findings, tools and policy outcomes of the project to the regional and global audience, including in Japan, Thailand and Vietnam, making reference to key global processes and campaigns, including UNEA resolutions, Intergovernmental negotiating committee (INC) to develop a legally binding instrument on plastic pollution, the G20 Implementation Framework for Actions on Marine Plastic Litter and Osaka Blue Vision, the Beat Pollution campaign.
- Press releases on newsworthy project announcement or findings developed to enhance the visibility of the project activities and outputs (16/01/2023)
- Presentation materials, including visual slides and speaking notes, prepared for the donor meetings, stakeholder consultation, communication campaign, nationalegional/international conferences, community events and other opportunities to disseminate the project information, findings and its value. (16/01/2023)
- Communication Campaign design and Implementation plan and report developed including the key message, lists of invited stakeholders and media companies, KPIs, workplan, itinerary, information kits for invitees, and a campaign report.
Output 2. Regional Forum to discuss the community- based actions toward the community’s resilience against climate change and plastic pollution
- Concept Note of Regional Forum developed including rational, objectives, programme agenda, session design, KPIs, speakers, promotion plan, invitees (16/01/2023)
- Regular meetings organized with the contracted company/partner, providing detailed guidance to them about the Forum, provide concise summaries of discussions, and monitor the deliverables of the contracted company/partner and highlight any issues for attention to supervisors (31/03/2023)
- Outreach plan and materials developed to promote the forum, including social media contents, UNEP event webpage, and brochure of the forum (28/02/2023)
- Guidance provided for moderators, speakers and participants, including the development of guidance note and guidance sessions. (31/03/2023)
- Communication with and invitation letters and thank you letter drafted for all moderators and speakers (and followup), as well as announcements and invitation to participants (28/02/2023)
- Final Workshop report developed including detailed session reports, event delivery report provided by platform manager measuring participation, forum evaluation with designed KPIs, background documents, presentations, session recording URLs and disseminated to all the participants (31/03/2023)
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP’s Asia and the Pacific Office geographically serves 41 countries across the region to promote and implement sustainable development solutions. It assists countries of the region pursue sustainability, particularly in their implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development including technical expertise, facilitating access to finance, undertaking cutting-edge science-policy assessments, offering advisory services and strengthening laws, policies,
management and governance. UNEP works with national and local authorities, civil society, other UN organizations, research institutions and the private sector to catalyze the efficient use of the region’s natural assets and reduce the degradation of the environment.
Building on UNEP’s expertise on marine plastic litter and plastic pollution detection and its combined impact to climate change and prevention in rivers in Asia and its partnership with local and technical partners, the “Promotion of Community Resilience Against Plastic Pollution and Climate Change in the Mekong River Basin” project (herein after referred to as “the project”) proposes to develop and provide the riverine communities in Thailand and Vietnam with means to address the problem of plastic pollution in areas and sectors with climate change induced risks, building on existing initiatives and instruments and supported by and grounded in science, international cooperation and multi-stakeholder engagement. The acceleration of the plastic pollution by climate change impact on the river ecosystems will be assessed.
The project will provide support to reduce plastic leakage into waterways and rivers in the riverine communities with climate vulnerabilities. The project will also bring technology, business model and value chain innovation to bring private sector investment to the Mekong River basin with human induced climate as well as pandemic induced vulnerabilities and above-mentioned interventions.
The project focuses on working with selected riverine communities with climate in Thailand and Vietnam to 1) Strengthen the capacities of regional experts, stakeholders and representatives of riverine communities to accelerate implementation of the assessment and monitoring of the impact of Climate Change and plastic pollution to inform decisions and 2) Demonstrate the Effectiveness of new technologies and good practices to enhance the resilience against plastic pollution and climate change in selected riverine communities in Thailand and Vietnam and make them available for replication.
Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, international relations, environment science, social science or other relevant discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
Minimum of two years professional experience working in journalism, public affairs, public relations, reporting, writing, project/programme management or communications is required.
- Experience in designing and implementing communication and outreach event is highly desirable.
- Experience in producing written or audiovisual material in journalistic, public relations or stakeholder relations contexts is an advantage.
- Experience working in Asia-Pacific region, especially involving the media companies in technology and sustainability related issues is an advantage.
- Experience in social media campaigns would be an asset.
- Working experience in a multicultural environment including the United Nations would be an asset.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in spoken and written English and Japanese is required. Excellent oral and written communications skills are required
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Company: UN Environment Programme
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: เขตปริมณฑลกรุงเทพมหานคร
Application Deadline: N/A