Laying House Worker – Full Time – Pineville, MO 64856 Job in Tyson Foods Pineville, MO
Website Tyson Foods
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Tyson Foods in Pineville, MO 2022
About the job
Schedule: Sunday through Wednesday from 6:20 am to 4:20 pm. Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
- Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
- Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their 45th day of employment. Successful applicants will need to show proof of at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine on or before their start date.
Starting Wage: $15.45
Plus, Additional Shift Differential For Evenings, Nights And Weekends.
Competitive benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Educational Assistance Program (including GED assistance, Citizenship assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement)
- Referral incentives
- Earned Paid Time
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- This position is responsible for the daily care of flocks and proper collection and identification of eggs in the trap houses by performing all essential duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe hens for behaviors that indicate an egg is being laid and place in nest, observes hens in nest and remove if egg has been laid, mark egg with appropriate hen number and place in plastic flat, properly calculates and records number of eggs laid per flock (50%)
- Provide daily care of flock by properly calculating and recording feed amounts by using calculator to determine # of pounds per pen, using hopper scale to weigh proper # of pounds per pen, distributing feed for hens into feed hoppers by carrying buckets, weighing designated amount of feed per male and distribute into individual containers, using digital scales to obtain average weight of each flock by weighing 40 females/120 males weekly, collecting weekly lab samples by using boot swabs for environment and cleft pallet swabs for birds, monitor flock for signs of injury/illness and report to lead/manager, and collecting, recording, and disposing of flock mortality (30%)
- Maintains flock environment by flushing water lines weekly by turning flush valve, maintaining pen bedding and nests to animal welfare standards, and using handheld electric blower to clear dust from equipment (fans, inlets, etc.) once a week (10%)
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities:
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Such as: Operate a high pressure and regular water hose, maintains foot pans and hand sanitizer, maintain vehicle by checking fluid levels, filters, tire pressure, and clean/disinfect to remove debris, maintains a clean and organized work area. (10%)
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements:
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear are provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift flats of eggs weighing up to 12 pounds and weigh hens (12-16 pounds) and roosters (12-16 pounds). Will regularly be required to pull/push crates of eggs weighing up to 60 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of shift (concrete floor); walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment: Requires use of hand tools such as permanent marker, brooms, pitchfork, scissors, nail clippers, etc. and safe operation of vehicle to and from work area.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles and/or glasses, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required. Must wear company provided facial covering. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators and arm protectors may be worn as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Disinfectants, vehicle fluids, and lubricants.
- Safety: Team member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. Team member is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
- Mask policy will be in accordance with any local, state, or federal requirements but will be provided to any Team Member wishing to wear a mask.
- This position is slated for team members who are currently working at this facility or complex. Priority consideration will be provided to these applicants first. If local Team Members are not selected, Team Members from other locations or external applicants will then be reviewed for consideration.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact an HR representative at 417-435-2299 x 3421.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.
Company: Tyson Foods
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Pineville, MO
Application Deadline: N/A