This Jobsfunter Listing is about Tripadvisor in Needham, MA 2022
About the job
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Within the Tripadvisor Analytics team, the only thing we love more than travel is data. We slice it, we dice it, and we use it to empower our decision-making. The B2C Analytics team is seeking an Analyst who has the skills and business experience to support numerous end users from an analytics and measurement perspective and is looking to join an all-star group dedicated to providing the highest quality data-driven insights! This role will be pivotal in informing the product roadmap and shaping the traveler experience. We are looking for someone who is pro-active and hands-on, but also capable of contributing towards the longer-term strategy and vision for Analytics at TripAdvisor. Today we have colleagues spread around the globe, from Lisbon, France, London, Boston, California, to India. We hang out virtually to get work done or to have fun like competing with each other in trivia. Come and join us.
What You Will Do
- You’ll live in the data. You’re primarily responsible for uncovering opportunities to drive growth in user engagement and conversion through analysis of performance metrics.
- You’ll light the way forward. Together with Product Managers, define data goals that simultaneously define project success while also resulting in meaningful business outcomes.
- You’ll fully own data quality and make sure nothing gets lost in translation by owning and evangelizing the dashboards we use to communicate our impact at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Your expertise will recommend the best course of action by performing deep analysis of completed A/B tests that assess impact across a range of metrics.
- You’ll influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company using data-driven insights to highlight the user’s perspective so clearly that it compels change to occur.
- You’ll maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- You will have excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- Experience with SQL and working with databases is a must.
- Experience with Tableau/Looker (or similar Business Intelligence tools).
- Hands-on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively.
- Passion for driving business decisions using data-driven insights that result in superior growth.
- You have relentlessly high standards and are not satisfied with the status quo.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast-growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Emotional and professional maturity required along with great people and relationship skills.
- 1-2 years experience as a Business Analyst or Commercial Analyst for an online consumer transactional business, with a background in supporting a growth product or marketing organization. Travel industry experience is a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Needham, MA
Application Deadline: N/A