Radio Host/ Digital Content Writer- KFMX vacancy in Townsquare Media Lubbock, TX
Website Townsquare Media
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Townsquare Media in Lubbock, TX 2022
About the job
- This is a Full-time in-office position working closely and collaboratively with a Team*
With great production and on-air skills, we’re looking for a strong content creator and afternoon star for KFMX, Legendary Rock 94.5 – you must be a 360 talent to propel the brand to new heights.
Townsquare is a digital-first company, built in tandem with great radio brands that emphasize great local content and community involvement. You must be excited to embrace and prioritize the digital world alongside the terrestrial and be ready to learn and grow with a world-class team.
Applicants must be social media savvy, regularly contribute great local content to the station’s website, mobile app, and all social platforms. Digital is not an afterthought here, it is part of our DNA – and what sets us apart.
The successful candidate must be able to connect and engage with the station’s target audience on all platforms. You’re ready to put down roots, build community relationships and become a part of vibrant Lubbock, Texas – at a driven and inventive company that strongly values our most important asset – our people. We’re in it for the long haul, and we’re looking for someone that’s ready to build and be part of that future.
In the realm of production, we are looking for someone who is compelled to write entertaining commercial copy that tells a story and delivers results for our clients. We’re aren’t looking for spots with catchphrases and clichés. This person will work with the traffic department and sales executives to get the best creative on the air and within set deadlines. You will also work with voice talent and clients to ensure a high standard of VO work and production, many times overseeing and coaching that voice work that you will produce to the finished product
- Host daily on-air show Monday – Friday.
- Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air, via digital content, and social media outlets.
- Publish a minimum of 2 original local articles per day on the station website (10 posts per week) and mobile app.
- Include 2 photo gallery posts as apart of the 10 required posts for the week
- Conducts on-air interviews, attends and assists in all market cluster live events, and produces commercials on a daily basis.
- Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special promotions and programming activities.
- Serve our local commercial clients and oversee audio production for Killeen/Temple cluster
- Work with the traffic department and sales staff to ensure deadlines are met and paperwork is accurate
- Will collaborate with our clients in-studio on copywriting and coach them on voice work to get the best product possible
- Manage all commercial audio for terrestrial and online broadcast in partnership with the traffic & continuity team
- Work with programming on various audio uploading (commercials, music, pre-recorded shows, etc.)
- Manage and organize client audio, airchecks, etc. and be responsive the local and corporate sales teams for audio requests
- History of original written digital content and can consistently write local engaging content
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills.
- At least 5years radio/audio production experience and have superior knowledge of current events and new country music
- Knowledge of basic FCC rules and regulations.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels, multi-task, and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Quickly become proficient in NexGen and Adobe Audition.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
- Digital video skills, not required but is a plus
- Expert audio production and editing skills
- Copy Writing experience
- WideOrbit experience isn’t required but preferred
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering
- And much more…
Townsquare is a community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions and radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our assets include Townsquare Interactive, a digital marketing services subscription business providing web sites, search engine optimization, social platforms and online reputation management for approximately 21,900 SMBs; Townsquare IGNITE, a proprietary digital programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand and data management platform; and Townsquare Media, our portfolio of 322 local terrestrial radio stations in 67 cities with corresponding local news and entertainment websites and apps including legendary brands such as WYRK.com, WJON.com, and NJ101.5.com, along with a network of national music brands including XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com, UltimateClassicRock.com and Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Company: Townsquare Media
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Lubbock, TX
Application Deadline: N/A