This Jobsfunter Listing is about Torrid in City of Industry, CA 2022
About the job
Manages production projects by partnering with the Merchant team to develop apparel from conception to finalized products. Works with direct sourcing partners to provide timely and fashionable product to customers and contribute to increase the profit margin for the brand.
What You’ll Do:
- Negotiates appropriate costs and deliverables with sourcing partners to ensure best profit margin for the products are achieved; ensures tech pack turnovers to sourcing partners and factories.
- Manages production process from point of conception to finished product.
- Works closely with buyers and Product Development team to ensure buyer’s vision of product is achieved during the sourcing process; follows up with design team on technical design package and chart production flow; communicates with the vendors to make accurate counter samples.
- Obtains approvals for fabric, lab dip, and trims.
- Handles on-going communication with sourcing partners and resolves all production issues through teaming with appropriate business partners.
- Communicates with related business partners regarding product development progress to the assigned categories; alerts the partners of any unexpected issues and negotiates resolutions with factories.
- Ensures production calendar is updated and monitored.
- Liaisons with Import, Vendor Relations, and Traffic teams to ensure inbound merchandises are properly coordinated for on-time delivery.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3 years product development experience in retail or wholesale with overseas offices.
- High school degree. 2 year college degree. BA or BS a preferred
- Knowledge of technical design, fabric, yarns, knit and woven construction.
- Knowledge of print technique.
- Experience with duties and import limitations.
- Knowledge of time and action and production calendars.
What You’ll Get:
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.
Vacancy Type: $42,000/yr – $67,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Associate
Job Location: City of Industry, CA
Application Deadline: N/A