Website Tokio Marine HCC - International Group
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Tokio Marine HCC International Group in Bridgend, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Position at Tokio Marine HCC
Underwriting Assistant – Bridgend
This role is an outstanding opportunity for bright, motivated candidates who are keen and willing to learn. The role will provide an excellent step into the insurance industry for those at the start of their careers and also those who wish to build on their previous experience.
TMHCC is a highly profitable leading specialist insurance company with offices across the UK, Europe and the US.
Location: Bridgend, Wales
To assist and participate in the day – to – day operations of the Business Support team by contributing on allocated tasks, including (but not exclusively) the input and processing of TMHCC Policy Underwriting and Claims Data, Catastrophe Modelling, Aggregations, Lloyds and London Market Bureau Messages.
- Ensures allocated incoming work tasks are processed, maintained, and validated accurately, in a timely manner and in accordance with agreed company service standards / KPI s .
- Liaises with underwriters and underwriting assistants and other internal and external colleagues (as deemed necessary) in a professional and courteous manner, always seeking to successfully complete job requirements and responsibilities, whilst striving to professionally resolve queries.
- Ensures High Priority work is correctly identified and prioritised.
Skills And Experience Specification
- P referred education level – Core curriculum GCSE (grades A-C)
- Motivated with good interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and flexibility.
- Keyboard/PC and general Microsoft ‘office’ skills, particularly Excel.
- An awareness and demonstrated willingness to practice customer care and quality philosophies.
- A willingness to work both as part of team and on own initiative as required .
- Adopts and positively displays TMHCC ‘Good Company’ ethics at all times:
- Look beyond profit.
- Deliver on commitments.
- Empower our People.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings both locally and at other UK TMHCC offices, as reasonably required.
- Ensures immediate referral to Team Leader / Line Manager of all complaints / issues that arise.
- Practices team-spirit and customer / quality philosophies at all times.
- Ensures customers are treated fairly at all times.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work additional hours as may be necessary to fulfil the duties, as reasonably required.
- Provides support wherever possible to fellow TMHCC team members, as appropriate and as reasonably requested.
- Assists with Ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.
Company: Tokio Marine HCC – International Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Bridgend, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A