Website The R&A
This Jobsfunter Listing is about The RA in St. Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Job Title: Administrator – Amateur Championships
Department: Amateur Championships Department
Reporting To: Assistant Director – Amateur Championships
Hours: 35 hours per week, Mon – Fri, 9am to 5pm
Location: St. Andrews (a mix of home and office working will be considered for this role)
Based in St Andrews, The R&A runs professional championships including The Open, The Senior Open and the AIG Women’s British Open, elite amateur events, international matches and rankings. The R&A, through R&A Rules Ltd, governs the sport worldwide, outside of the United States and Mexico, on behalf of over 36 million golfers in 143 countries and with the consent of 157 organisations from amateur and professional golf. The R&A is at the forefront in modernising the sport and making it more relevant to today’s society.
The R&A is recruiting an Administrator to manage accommodation and travel bookings required to support the delivery of Amateur Championships, International Matches, Student Tour Series, Coronation Foursomes and 9 Hole Golf Challenge. In addition, the role will provide general administration support to the Amateur Championships team.
Role and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities include the following:
· Sourcing accommodation for future events, including site visits.
· Negotiating room rates and finalising contracts.
· Working with accommodation providers on rooming lists and room allocations for but not limited to: staff, officials, competitors (when applicable), referees, VIP guests and selectors.
· Working strictly within set budgets, and continually tracking actual costs against forecast budgets.
· Liaising with accommodation providers on operational processes.
· Working with accommodation providers on full reconciliation following each event.
· Collaborating with relevant team members on the following areas:
- Functions and dinners
- Travel arrangements
· General administrative support of the Amateur Championships team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven customer service experience.
- Experienced user of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Driving licence.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the hotel and travel industry.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders.
- An interest in golf.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Proactive approach to problem identification and solution.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken).
- Attention to detail.
- Be a strong team player.
- Be flexible, reliable and professional.
- Diligent and thorough.
- note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for a work visa so candidates should ensure they already have or are able to obtain the right to work in the UK before applying.
Company: The R&A
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: St. Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A