Website The Institute of Internal Auditors Inc.
This Jobsfunter Listing is about The Institute of Internal Auditors Inc in Lake Mary, FL
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
This role will support the Director, Event Management by ensuring the in-person learning experience is seamless and engaging for attendees and exhibitors. This includes: conferences, seminars, workshops, courses, governance meetings, and in-person experience enhancements (i.e. Industry Meet Ups, LinkedIn Center, etc.). This role is also the lead for special, VIP events such as executive and Board level meetings.
This positions requires collaboration across the organization, innovation, planning and project management skills. This role also requires the ability to effectively develop and build member and client relationships, attention to detail, as well as strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
30% Travel may be required. Travel is both domestic and international.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Exhibit & Sponsor Fulfillment
- Manage the exhibiting process that includes collection of company information, producing and distributing “exhibit kit” and collection of logos once exhibitors are confirmed
- Work with the venues to determine location and cost of fixed branding & sponsorship placement opportunities. Contribute to the decision making on sponsorship packages and pricing.
- Work with marketing and other colleagues to determine signage needs and develop delivery timeline.
- Review signage proofs , submit to other teams for approval and finalize order request.
- Coordinate pre-planning for exhibit hall and sponsorships including:
- Coordinate with various internal IIA departments regarding project assets, material specifications, deliverables, and deadlines related to exhibitors.
- Obtain logos with clients and work with IIA departments to ensure they meet standards and requirements
- Traffic materials received from exhibitors to appropriate internal departments and manage to timelines and deadlines.
- Coordinate onsite execution for exhibit hall and sponsorships including:
- Manage A/V and production needs and vendors for in person learning.
- Manage General Contractor, Exhibit Hall Floor Plans & Signage for in person learning events.
Seminars, Courses, governance meetings, and Other Events Upon request, leverage expertise to develop successful execution plans that lead to a quality experience for attendees at concierge events. Concierge services include the event needs of Board members, IIA executives, special purpose meetings, key volunteers, etc.
- Communicates continuously with internal stakeholders to ensure all needs are indicated in meeting specifications
- Participates in venue RFP process
- Reviews and approves processing of direct bill applications, credit card authorizations, and pre-event deposits.
- Monitors event registrations, hotel room blocks, and transportation needs of attendees.
- Review MEOs and BEOs to ensure accuracy
- Ensures that all aspects of event services are covered and in alignment with provided specifications
- Oversees management and delivery of program materials to designated areas
- Ensures food and beverage functions meet both The IIA’s and participant expectations
- Manages signage placement and posting of accurate event times in hotel agenda systems.
- Audits banquet checks to ensure accurate billing
- Communicates any unanticipated charges immediately to management
- Reconciles invoices against signed checks and specifications
- Compiles bill-breakdown by account and BUC for signature by Director
- Processes invoices for payment
INNOVATION & COLLABORATION
- Applies learnings from current trends in event management to IIA events
- Offers willingness to provide and implement changes to events to enhance the attendee experience
- Assist with other in person learning and programs as assigned
- As assigned to assist with large-scale events
- Special projects as assigned by leadership
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years proven professional and related work experience.
- Experience with a general service contractor event planning organization is an asset.
- Fully proficient and experienced within field or discipline
- Operates under minimal supervision
- Works autonomously within established procedures and practices with increasing
- Experience with event technology such as Aventri or On24 is a plus
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate technical content in a clear manner and applies tact and diplomacy to deliver sensitive information
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Regularly handles non-routine matters independently
- Applies a depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, proposals, and effective business correspondence.
- Multiple language ability is an asset.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Intermediate or higher ability to work in a computerized environment featuring Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in a CRM database system is a plus.
- Experience with Smartsheet is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. Use of a computer is required 75% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position will require work in our Headquarters office in Lake Mary, FL 50% of the time.
Company: The Institute of Internal Auditors Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Lake Mary, FL
Application Deadline: N/A