Food Production Manager Job in The Fresh Market Greenville, SC
Website The Fresh Market
This Jobsfunter Listing is about The Fresh Market in Greenville, SC 2022
About the job
The Fresh Market & You
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Our Added Benefits For Joining The Fresh Market Team
- Team Member discount of 30%
- Early Earn Wage Access (You can access up to 50% (max $500) of your earned wages on-demand per pay period)
- 401K contribution and company match
- Financial Wellness Program
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans are available
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance for individual, spouse, partner, and family.unts on pet insurance, daycare, event tickets, and many more.
About the Position:
Do you have a passion for production? Can you deliver a first-class experience for guests? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Production Manager, you will take the lead in managing team members and the department operational procedures and standards to provide the best products and the best complete meal solutions for our guests. Because you will be working with your team members and product continuously throughout the early morning, this is a fast-paced position that requires efficiency and effectiveness and a passion for excellence to drive results.
What You’ll Do
- Direct, manage and assist all functions of the Production department and demonstrate excellence for your team and guests, including:
- Managing the production for key items to support Deli-CMS, Meat-Seafood, Bakery, and Produce departments
- Properly receiving/stocking of goods that follow rotation standards when replenishing product levels
- Manage product to reducing shrink/damage
- Direct teams to handle, cut, and prepare a variety of the department’s meat, cheeses, breads, prepacked produce, and convenient meal solutions in the early morning, while maintaining quality product levels as indicated within TFM standards.
- Train and engage team members
- Provide team members through The Fresh Market Academy, including “on-the-job” and online training, to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner while maintaining efficiency and minimizing product loss
- Lead, engage, motivate, and manage team members to provide excellent guest service
- Provide coaching for team members to further their development and increase retention
- Create and manage team schedules, aligning production to support guest shopping hours to ensure guests receive a first-class experience
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols including food safety per TFM policies, and per law.
At a Minimum, What You’ll Need
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of management experience in either the retail, restaurant, or hospitality field or 5 years of related management experience
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
- Experience providing direction and supervision to teams (with direct report responsibility)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Deli, Restaurant Management, Culinary or Grocery experience
- Production Planning Software experience
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training
We Are Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.
Company: The Fresh Market
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Greenville, SC
Application Deadline: N/A