Website The Fresh Market
This Jobsfunter Listing is about The Fresh Market in Suwanee, GA 2022
About the job
The Fresh Market & You
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Our Added Benefits For Joining The Fresh Market Team
- Team Member discount of 30%
- Early Earn Wage Access (You can access up to 50% (max $500) of your earned wages on-demand per pay period)
- 401K contribution and company match
- Financial Wellness Program
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans are available
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance for individual, spouse, partner, and family.unts on pet insurance, daycare, event tickets, and many more.
About The Position
Do you have experience with merchandising? Are you committed to providing the best products at the right time? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Assistant Deli Manager, you will assist the Deli-CMS Manager with department inventory, pricing integrity, and other operational processes. This is a fast-paced position; you’ll work with team members and products continuously throughout the day while making it a priority to engage guests about the products and services we offer and deliver results.
What You’ll Do
- With the Deli-CMS Manager, you are an ambassador of the department and will set an example for excellence as you assist in the management of all relevant functions and activities
- Ensuring all guests are greeted and proactively assisted in an engaging manner with accurate and timely information
- Having the knowledge to prepare, slice and cut The Fresh Market’s deli items and provide service recommendations to guests and accommodating their special requests
- Coordinating the ordering of deli items with the Deli-CMS Manager
- Properly receiving/stocking of goods that follow rotation standards when replenishing product levels to reduce shrink and damage, enforcing product management standards
- Unload deliveries of product to ensure freshness and quality; including cases, coolers, and freezers
- Assist with engaging, motivating, and training team members “on-the-job” as well as through The Fresh Market Academy to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner
- Ensure that department team members are adhering to The Fresh market standards and policies
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety, per TFM policies, and per law
At a Minimum, What You’ll Need
- 3 plus years of experience in a guest service role
- 1 to 2 years of leadership experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Deli, Restaurant Management, Culinary or Grocery experience
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 30 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
We Are Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.
Company: The Fresh Market
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Suwanee, GA
Application Deadline: N/A