Assistant Meat Manager careers in The Fresh Market Hilton Head Island, SC
Website The Fresh Market
This Jobsfunter Listing is about The Fresh Market in Hilton Head Island, SC 2022
About the job
The Fresh Market & You
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Our Added Benefits For Joining The Fresh Market Team
- Team Member discount of 30%
- Early Earn Wage Access (You can access up to 50% (max $500) of your earned wages on-demand per pay period)
- 401K contribution and company match
- Financial Wellness Program
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans are available
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance for individual, spouse, partner, and family.unts on pet insurance, daycare, event tickets, and many more.
About The Position
Do you have experience with merchandising? Are you committed to providing the best products at the right time? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Assistant Meat Manager, you will assist the Meat-Seafood Manager with department inventory, pricing integrity and other operational processes that require significant attention to detail. This is a fast-paced position; you’ll work with team members and product continuously throughout the day while making it a priority to engage guests about the products and services we offer and deliver results.
What You’ll Do
- With the Meat-Seafood Manager, you are an ambassador of the department and will set an example for excellence as you assist in the management of all relevant functions and activities
- Ensuring all guests are greeted and proactively assisted in an engaging manner with accurate and timely information
- Having the knowledge to make product and service recommendations to guests and accommodating their special requests and to create our Convenient Meal Solutions per our standards
- Coordinating the ordering of meat items with the Meat-Seafood Manager
- Properly receiving/stocking of goods that follow rotation standards when replenishing product levels to reduce shrink and damage, enforcing product management standards
- Unload deliveries of product to ensure freshness and quality; including case, coolers, freezers and sales floor
- Assist with engaging, motivating, and training team members “on-the-job” as well as through The Fresh Market Academy to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner
- Ensure that department team members are adhering to The Fresh market standards and policies
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety, per TFM policies, and per law
At a Minimum, What You’ll Need
- 3 plus years of experience in either the retail, restaurant, or hospitality field
- 1 to 2 years of experience in leading teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 18 years of age
All of The Fresh Market Assistant Meat Managers must be certified within TFMA within 90 days of hire or being in position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Grocery and/or meat cutting experience
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 30 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.
Company: The Fresh Market
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
Application Deadline: N/A