Website The E.W. Scripps Company
This Jobsfunter Listing is about The EW Scripps Company in Buffalo-Niagara Falls Area 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
The E.W. Scripps Company is looking for a Senior Analyst who will work in our Business Insights and Analytics team which drives analytics, big data and decision science for all business functions across Scripps. This level role offers excellent opportunity for an innovative and driven individual who is enthusiastic about using data and analytics to drive significant results in an environment that rewards performance.
You will be responsible for analyzing the Digital business and will create actionable analytics and solutions that will solve challenging business problems in the digital advertising space. You will contribute to the long-term analytics strategies and competencies needed to support Scripps digital business across the various divisions. Your experience, knowledge, translation of data and use of analytics will shape strategic plan and business growth. The location is New York, NY or remote for the right candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide analytical solutions for digital advertising business across the organization.
- Monitor and analyze programmatic and digital advertising revenue data from multiple sources within the Scripps portfolio
- Create data sets, data pipelines, dashboards and customized business intelligence tools to empower operational and exploratory analysis and automate reporting and processes.
- Work with the sales, programmatic and tech teams to develop processes and procedures to generate comprehensive reporting from the various sell-side ad platforms (SSPs).
- Apply your proficiency in quantitative analysis, data mining, and visualization to see beyond the data to identify and quantify high-impact opportunities.
- Be an analytics liaison with various business functions (Enterprise Strategy, Sales, Operations, Ad-Tech, IT etc.) to define best practices, priorities and needs to optimize digital revenue opportunities.
- Support a data-driven culture, educating the organization on everyday use of data as a resource.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or equivalent.
- 3+ years related work experience in digital advertising space.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Must have previous experience working with supply and demand side platforms.
- Good knowledge of technology and latest trends in the digital space.
- Knowledge of relational database and above average capabilities with SQL.
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools like Power BI or Tableau.
- Demonstrates a systematic approach towards collecting data from various sources.
- Demonstrate inquisitiveness and are willing to discover new opportunities and answers.
- High-energy, self-starter individual with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations . If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, u nless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com .
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Buffalo-Niagara Falls Area
Application Deadline: N/A