Website The American College of Financial Services
This Jobsfunter Listing is about The American College of Financial Services in United States 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
The Reporting Analyst role supports operational reporting at The College. This individual provides ongoing development, support, maintenance, and other activities for the centralized college reporting function. The individual serves as an expert data reporting resource to internal Teams/Departments, external companies, and assists in improving/streamlining/enhancing operational reporting of the College. The position has accountability for the project and work-related activities in the aforementioned areas particularly related to data, reporting requests, and quality assurance.
Expected Contributions and Activities:
- Create and maintain operational reports that provide data and business intelligence to internal and external stakeholders (such as revenue, enrollment, course and program completion data, company reports, etc.)
- Provide guidance and consultative problem solving for various individuals and teams (including senior leaders and external clients). This will usually focus on assisting clients to contextualize the data and understanding the business processes, in order to address specific strategic, operational, or analytic questions.
- Support enterprise-wide initiatives related to the institution’s strategic vision and the use of data and reports for enterprise decision-making and progress (i.e. expanding/growing functions, select growth initiatives, etc.)
- Assist in the management and execution of reports and data request processes across the dimensions of internal/external clients, Ad-hoc/systematic, data domains, toolseports/data access, etc. as appropriate
- Utilize advanced SQL development skills and coding best practices to extract and transform data for The Colleges report repository from various data sources (i.e. Peoplesoft, Brightspace, Raisers Edge)
- Assist in maintaining the report repository ensuring the SQL code is updated and has the most recent business logic to address the intended intent of that code
- Develop and execute quality assurance plans to ensure operational reports and the data in the report repository data are accurate and reflect business rules
- Lead and manage individual projects focused on reporting/analysis and serve as the report analyst representative on large projects that include reporting
- Support for Planning, Analyses, Strategy development across the institution including the D&A strategic analytics function
- Provide mentorship, and training to junior reporting analysts and other relevant parties
- Translate stakeholders requirements into reporting deliverables
- Assist analyst team with dashboard, reports, data, and select analyses
- Deliver ad hoc reports
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including special projects that may fall outside of the listed functions/activities.
Essential Qualifications & Competencies
- General and business knowledge equivalent to a Bachelors degree (Masters preferred); 3 years of progressive experience using relational database software and providing data and reports strongly preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with College leaders, especially assigned Division and Department Heads and their staff’s, technical resources.
- The ability to pay attention to detail when working with data in order to make accurate conclusions and predictions
- Strong organizational and business process planning skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of relevant relational databases (ie. SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent working knowledge and significant experience in or more querying language (ie. SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Working ability in one or more scripting languages (or the ability to quickly learn) ie. R, Python, Scala, Julia, etc.
- Previous people leadership or significant business leadership experience. Strong preference for professional certificates (i.e. PMP, CSM, etc.) or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Advanced knowledge of one or more applications or systems (i.e. CRM systems like MS Dynamics, PeopleSoft, etc.)particularly related to system design work in order to create data requests and complex reporting
- Subject Matter Expert in data & reporting: deep and actionable domain knowledge, business understanding, and data experience; OR the ability to quickly ramp up to a technical and business level which can drive enterprise data & report results
The American College of Financial Services is committed to applying financial education through teaching, research, and innovation in program delivery and design. As a nonprofit, accredited education institution, our courses are researched and written by a faculty of the nation’s top thought leaders in personal finance. To learn more, visit The American College.
In policy and practice, we encourage diversity and provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. We are committed to maintaining a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Effective April 1, 2022, The American College will require all Faculty and Professional Staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Company: The American College of Financial Services
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A